• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Finally Got One!

Shack

An enclosed trailer grin.

Halloweenimages148.jpg

Halloweenimages141.jpg

I bought it used at a great price and it has very little use on it.

Years of using utility trailers not made for sleds, this season is going to be great wink. Plus, it is enclosed grin. That spells awesome for ice fishing and hauling the ice shacks and stuff. Nice thing about it, it is lockable and it will be ready to go at a moments notice wink.

I am also looking at getting a newer touring sled this year also.

I am sure getting the sledding bug and can not wait for snow and ice grin.

That is cool Shack! I am a newbie sled owner, going to change lube on the chain case on a 88 indy tonight. I also got a covered trailer along with 2 sleds, one touring. (You probably saw my posts in this forum asking for advice! smile )

I am really excited for this winter, and the covered trailer is one thingI am going to love, as you say, all stuff ready to go at a moments notice!

My nephew (older than me, ha!) has the sleds and trailer at a dealer getting all ready to go and will deliver them to me next week.

nice trailer hope it works like you tink it does. I just have a 8x10 and it aint covered and it is sometimes a pain in the a$$ when it snows and I have to clean the darn thing of to find the hook up points and such.

Long story short, I sold this trailer a week or so back grin

It was a great trailer and almost (pretty much) new.

This is more of an FYI for people looking at getting a touring sled or who have one all ready and looking at getting an enclosed sled trailer.

In my defense, I bought this before I had my new sled. It would have been great for what I had this last fall. Since I got the T660 (11' 3" long), I had a nightmare of a time getting it to fit on the 10' x 8.5' trailer. The front "V" of the top on these trailers provides an extra 13" or so for the skies. Just two inches short of my touring sled frown. You can haul a T660 in this trailer, but it has to go in sideways. No room for your shack.

I had a brain storm and removed the front bolt and nut on the ski loops on my touring sled and flip the loop back to gain 2”. I could get the top to close, but is bent the ski up enough that I got worried. So in the end it was either the sled or the trailer. The trailer lost wink

I was lucky enough to sell this trailer for more than I bought it for and throw in a little more money to buy my new one:

3164820830_cc6dde313e_o.jpg

3164846994_35c9549c76_o.jpg

This one even has a side door, which is nice.

3164020981_10eaeef5fd_o.jpg

This a Bearcat trailer. It is 10 times the trailer I had before, but not as new. This one is an 01, with some miles on it. It fits my sleds and gear nicely and I am happy.

I figure I would bring this up, so's to help out anyone before they make a costly mistake winksmile

Same setup that I want someday. All I need is that snowmobile and that trailer since I already have that shack (the cheapest part of that package).

How are you liking that snowmachine??

Cold starting??

How does it handle powder/slush??

How does it Pull that shack??

I am really just trying to research sleds at this point but if I were to buy right now I would be in between that Cat and a Yami Venture Lite.

Did you look into Yamis?

I have owned AC, Yamaha, Ski-Doo and this is by far the best sled I have ever owned. Thanks to the great reviews by Deadhead and others, it was a very easy choice. I was going to get an 03' V-1000 4 stroke Grand Touring, but the deal fell threw the day I was going to purchase it. I am glad it did wink.

I was out on a lake north of Cambridge the other day and they have some good snow up their. The T660 went threw every thing I threw at it. I have logged about 30 miles on it pulling the Team Wild 3 man and you do not even notice it behind the machine. Hit some pretty deep slush the other day with the shack behind, just gave it some gas and put it behind me wink. I also was up on Mille Lacs last weekend and brought a buddy with. He road on the 2 up seat and was very impressed with the comfort and ride. He is about 180lb’s and I did not notice any lag/bog with him and the shack in tow.

I have about 1500 miles before it's first scheduled service, so it still has conventional oil in the crank case. I had it outside in the trailer last week for a couple days when it was below zero. I had my doubts, but started it up and she started just like the engine was warm.

I am very pleased with it.

Yamaha is also a very good brand. All I can say is do as much research as you can before your purchase and ask questions.

Good luck!

I would say so. That is about $600 less than I had seen an 08 for at a great deal. Mine is an 07, but you put an 08 up next to an 07 and I could not tell the difference. No changes I was told, same great sled.

Remote start is the bomb wink You can start and shut off the sled with the remote. Plus it has a sentential mode that will start it for 5 minutes every hour to keep it warm. So if you are at a lodge or cabin and it is 30 below at night, it will keep its self warm. They also do have a plug in (block heater), just in case.