• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

TC Chapter stocking White Bear

I feel like a few got dumped in there about 6 weeks ago. I had a day with a rash of small follows. They weren't snakes because they were green! Maybe the youngins just liked me. Anyone else notice that?

Also, that same day there were a bunch of giant red and yellow floating buoys that were placed after I got there. They were spread all over the lake. Are these vehicles for stocking or are they markers for sailboaters or what?

Anyone care to elaborate..TC chapter of who and what specifically were they stocking?

Twin Cities chapter of Muskie Inc... Shawn Kellett holds a high position in the Twin Cities chapter... They were stocking muskies... hope this helps...

TC Chapter is Chapter #1, kind of has a certain nostalga to it being #1, and Shawn is the president.

I believe the plan was for a few hundred to go in, not sure what the final number was.

Regardless, thanks to Shawn and all behind the effort!

We put in around 200 on Friday and we're going to put in another hundred or so sometime this week. We're also planning on stocking tonka this week too...assuming someone can get me fish. The plan is to put yearlings in tonka (16-20"). If we can't get yearlings then we'll have to use fingerlings to fill out our monetary commitment.

If it is anything like when they stocked Bald Eagle, they don't really need any help, but it is pretty cool to watch smile But yeah, a bit more advanced notice would be cool so people can try to get there to see it. I was glad I went out to Bald Eagle, very cool to see the future "monsters" in person!

as for help needed... maybe they dont... maybe they do... but one thing's for sure... they do need a BIG HELP with documenting the event with photos... so if Im just there to enjoy the day, seeing those future monsters, and taking lots of pictures for others to see and enjoy... thats helping out somehow to me...

Hey Guys,

I wish I could give more notice, but I usually only know a day out if that. Even then I don't know what time they'll be coming. We don't really need any man power for this operation, but all are invited to observe. I truely is one of the coolest things we do. After all, what other time will you ever have where you can see a few hundred muskies at the same time?

Right now we may be stocking sometime tomorrow. I'm having fish from 2 different sources being brought to the west metro DNR office where they're going to be tagging the fish. The plan is to get fish for tonka and WBL. Once they're tagged the DNR will bring them to the lake. If anyone is interested in helping to tag the fish or see it happen drop me a note and I can get you some info. It would be tomorrow afternoon in Eden Prairie next to the Vikings training center.