• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

4 wheeler snow plow

nblasin

I am thinking of getting a plow for my 4 wheeler. Looking for any advise as far as costs, brands, do's and don'ts. I believe I had heard there is 3 different components needed including the plow. I live in Duluth so any stores would help.Thanks.

What kind of wheeler you got? Moose makes a great plow.American Eagle makes a good plow.Polaris has a Glacier plow system that is really slick, and Moose is making the same system available for all makes of wheelers. Rocky Mountain aTV's HSOforum carry's Tusk plows which are actually American Eagle.Good price at Rocky Mountain also.

Anywhere from $400-$1000+

The Glacier II Polaris plow is the one I would buy. If money was no object it would be a blackline.

I have the American Eagle now and it works fine. I just always like to upgrade.....

Polaris has the Boss plow for the sidebysides. Those look real nice also.

Also would recommend a 60" plow unless you are doing sidewalks that are narrow. Get a good winch too with a rope, not a wire cable. You could also use a rope or strap in the winch you already may have.

If you're riding a Honda, I would recommend a county plow in any of the brands listed above.

The Polaris system is only for Polaris. Plows may be interchangeable, it's the attachment that's different.

Call or do a search for Cycle Country. They were the first to make them, and in my opinion are still the best in quality and customer service. You need the plow and the pushtubes. Depending on the exact model blade, the system runs about $500 and hooks up in moments (2 pins). They won't sell directly to you, but you can find a dealer from their HSOforum..

Go to L&M in Cloquet. Last year I bought a Kimpex "Click & Go" 60" plow from them. They had all the brackets for different ATV models to go with it.

It is really simple to put on and off, you don't have to crawl underneath and put pins in.

It was about $225 or so out the door.

I am very happy with it.

Do a search on the web for Kimpex plows.

have experience with most brands of plows. the moose is the best imo, built to last. i can smooth gravel driveway and not worry about bending parts. parts unlimited make a new quick release for all brands, including can-ams. i mounted it and it looks sweet.e-mail me for more info, pictures and prices [email protected] they make a straight blade for short pushes and the county plow for longer pushes (one end higher like co trucks)angle the blade, pick up your speed,10-15mph,and watch the snow fly off the side.

have setup and used several types of plows. as long as the dump springs are adjusted right, you should not have any problems with frame fatigue. remember to adjust the shoes down to lift the plow till the ground is frozen. sucks to rake rocks and sod the next spring from your yard. moose makes two types of hookups. 1, drive in. 2, push tubes with pins under chassy. both work very well. question? [email protected]