Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
50inchpig

some serious fishing questions

So we're on the boat last night and question comes up - If you had infared or heat sensitive goggles would you be able to see follows at night?

I say no, he says yes. I'm not even sure if they are the same thing. Neither of us have any experience with such equipment, anybody ever used any toys like that when you were fishing? Yeah, it was a pretty slow last night.....

Well since fish are cold blooded, their body temps change with the water temps. In short, no. The possibility exists though that say you had a fish that was in the shallows sunning all day and then at night went out to the deep weedline for a quick snack. That fish may have a slightly different body temp, but it would not be enough to differentiate with infared glasses.

Just my opinion, but yes for night vision and no for infared, of course presuming the fish is moving in the water column it may be generating a little energy to raise its temp enough to see the difference between the water temp?

Its not surprising you have lots of time to ponder out there.

Interesting idea. That would be fun to test out. I wonder if someone in the military would have any insight. My guess is that infrared wouldn't but night vision should. In the mean time you will have to do a blind 8 and get the @#%$ scared out of you like me when they hammer it! smile

i'd agree with the others. no to infrared yes to night vision. interesting. thanks for the brain tune up. smile

but for 500-6000 bucks or even more who'd want to wear basicly a pair of binoculars with three times the weight? lol. might be fun though to see how many are actually missed, huh?

Quote:
Yeah, it was a pretty slow last night.....

Pretty funny where a slow day/night can take a conversation..... we've had some good ones for sure!

If I recall, the depth perception can be impaired by night vision equipment, I could see that being a problem!

Coming from someone who has worn A LOT of night vision googles, they would work and we have often thought about trying it out. CJAC is correct, is does throw you depth perception off, but the newer googles are getting better and better all the time. They would work, and probably work really well!!

Just to clarify....infared wouldn't get you jack. They are designed to see the light spectrum that is invisible to the naked eye. There has to be something emitting an infared signature in order to see it. To my knowledge, fish don't do that. I think what you are looking for is some thermal googles. These are designed to pick up heat signatures from objects. Not quite sure how well these would work because, as stated above, with fish being cold blooded and basically being the same temp as the water, if the difference in temps wasn't pretty significant, everything would just be a blob.