• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Oct Duck Hunt

I wanted to take some hunting shots last week while I was out last week. Unfortunately the only camera I was willing to use was my waterproof olympus. I've thought about these for the fall colors shots, but something about them seems a little off, maybe it is the snow...hmmm. smile

Setting up the decoys.

oct-snow-hunt.jpg

A picture off me letting some steam out from under my hat.

Oct-Snow-Hunt2.jpg

That's a good friend of mine wearing the parka I wear when I'm field hunting. He is a bit shorter than I am and that is an XL tall I picked up in the bargin cave a few years ago. Notice how it is dragging in the water. He came out of the water and those lower pockets were just full of water. Good thing he didn't have any shells in them. Not that we had much to shoot at.

I have the same GoreTex parka with zip-out jacket liner in that duck hunting camo pattern, as well as the insulated bibs. They only made that pattern for one or two years, and as soon as I bought it they discontinued it (before I could also buy a pair of uninsulated pants to use in warmer weather).

Darn, why can't they just keep a pattern in production long enough? It works for way more than just the duck blind, too. Fits in really well up here in the boreal forest. gringrin

I hear ya. I actually died that coat a darker shade, it was too yellow for the areas I was hunting and I stood out instead of blending in. I ended up picking up a pair of 10x brand uninsulated pants in that pattern for the same reason as you mention. I really do like how well the newer max 4 works though.