• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What to do with old leaky waders?

I have a couple pairs of camo neoprene waders. I was wondering what I could use them for...maybe a dog vest, booties, 50 stinky can coozies? My wife and I are not sewers, and I'm afraid 5mm neoprene wouldn't be easy to work with.

Any other ideas out there?

Flashlight in a dark room, then mark it from the inside (I used tape). Wader repair kit. Worked for me on a couple pairs (until the crotch went).

I might have to buy the indestructible/snake proof/Kevlar-reinforced/NASA designed/brush buster/eats barbed wire for breakfast waders, although I would probably sweat pints on opening day.

da_chise31---

I know there is a company that takes them and recycles them. allows you to turn you waders that have reached the end of there days to carry on their memories for years to come. It is recycledwaders dot com!

Shoe goo all the way.

Use a whole tube on a pair of waders if you have to. Works great.

My thought on waders is that, no matter how careful I am, I am going to rip them.

You should see the patches on one pair I have. My son just last weekend on duck opener questioned what the heck happened to them. LOL

I had the smallest pin hole leak and couldn't find it. Tried everything and the thing that worked the best was to fill them with water, slowly look over the boot, then fianlly there was this little trickle of water. Used aqua seal but haven't used them yet.

If you do this, make sure that you take extreme measures to dry them if you plan on using them within a week. I don't own one of those wader dryers so I hung them and propped a fan off the ground facing up and ran it for two days. All was dry except the inside of the actual boot. So I turned everything inside out except the actual boot and blew the fan directly into the boot only. That did the trick.

One thing I wish I'd done with an old pair of waders my dad threw out was to keep them to use for field hunting.

Obviously you don't want ones that are tore up or shot, but if they have a few small holes and you just can't get them to quit leaking, they would be perfect for those nasty, muddy fields that leave your boots and pants/bibs covered in mud. When you get home, take the hose to 'em quick and you're good to go. I will definitely be doing this when it's time to retire mine.

Using them in a wet muddy field sounds good but I'd probably just wear my good waders. I'm thinking about just cutting off the boots plus a little and using them as mud boots.

Anybody got some more idea's?