• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

who makes the brightest L.E.D. lights

robert1965

Question

• Answers 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I appreciate this post guys! Green Diver gave me one of his 48cm strips because he only needs one for his Scout. MAN, are those lights bright!!!!!

QUESTION, do you guys think that just a 48cm strip will be enough for my Yukon? I am only worried about lighting up my floor space. My headlamp will work for everything else. Going to the store tonight to get a switch and wiring. Any extra "tips" are greatly appreciated.

The number and size of the strips depends on your preferences. As my eyes get older, the more light they need. frown So, I mounted two 96cm strings and a 48cm string in my Voyager. Normally I fish with just one or two of the 96's on, the 48 is just to light the tub when I am rummaging for stuff. Believe me, the pair of 96's kick out a LOT of light. Way more than my previous electrical lighting system and arguably as much as my Coleman, but better distributed. Can't say enough about them so far.

To answer the tip_upclyma's question, one 96 in my opinion is sufficient for decent general lighting (floor included), two 96's makes it easy for these old eyes to tie knots in 2lb fishing line.

And as an experiment, I ran the two 96's, the 48 and a pair of ceiling fans all night last Friday off an old Vex gel cell. All that running off of one battery for 5 hours did not kill the gel cell. They seem pretty easy on current draw. And that particular gel cell is pretty bad, it won't run my vex for more than a couple hours before dying, so you know the lights/fans aren't drawing much. (For you techies out there, I measured current draw, a single string of 96cm draw approx .4 amps at 12 volts, you can do your battery life calcs with that number. A 7 amp hour battery should last approx 17.5 hours with one string running, a 9 amp hour = 22.5 hrs......).

Here is a pic of the "floor" taken with no flash, just the two 96cm's on. And since there is no snow and the ice is not white, I figure that the light level will go up when there is something to reflect the light back up....

3074458401_69f41990f6.jpg

and if tip_upclyma or anyone else is still looking for wiring tips/ideas, I have some pics posted under this thread:

Computer fans in fish house

Hope all that helps......

Wishing for Walleyes,

Do you have a name or brand of LED lights you use in the pictures?

Where did you get them from?

They look awesome.

ALSO if anyone else could post the brands that they have used and like or dislike I think that would help some of the fisherman with their setups.

Thanks,

Gabby

Mine are the Best king Kong lights. (Like many others have said, for some reason this site is not posting one letter correctly in this name. Change the first "K" to an "?" to get a city name in China (instead of the big monkey) and you will have the correct name.)

I would just like to add one thing about these lights. I have a few of them they are nice and bright! The down side is if you get a bad one, or two like I did when I orderd mine, there customer service is not good! So in my case I orderd 4, got 2 bad ones, and cant get any response on getting them replaced, or some money returned. I know of a few others that have had the same experience as me. So if you take the price of 4 lights with shipping, and only get 2 out of the 4 to work, and cant get them replaced it is a waste of money! There are other options out there that work just as well for a lot cheaper.