• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

who makes the brightest L.E.D. lights

robert1965

Question

• Answers 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I just received 2 48cm strips in the Warm White for my Frabill Magnum. I think one of these strips would be more than enough. I couldn't imagine running 2 96cm strips as it'd be blinding.

Need to do some routing of the wires now and wire up a switch, to run them single or double.

Now I need to order another set for my Commando smile

The wire on these lights is so very thin... have you guys had any luck crinping on a female spade connector? The smallest ones I could find will slip off right away. maybe add a little extra wire inside the crimp? or solder?

The wire on these lights is so very thin... have you guys had any luck crinping on a female spade connector? The smallest ones I could find will slip off right away. maybe add a little extra wire inside the crimp? or solder?

For this I got some speaker wire in a larger diameter wire and soldered the two wired together then wrapped it up with some electrical tape.. Works perfect!

Ryan

well they way i think about it you can always use more lights. you probably could get by with one but why not have two.. I would order them asap because they are way on back order i orderd mine about 2 weeks ago and they havent even been shipped yet, still being manufactured.

The 48 cm will be plenty. I have a 48 in my scout and it is extremely bright! I would also highly recommend some reflectix insulation above you to obviously, reflect the light now for a brighter shack and it is great for keeping in the warmth!

Ryan

With 2 sets of the 48cm lights in your pro, you are going to need to were sunglasses at all times with them lights on cool.

Get 2. try them both out, if you feel it is to bright, I'm sure you have a buddy that would buy them...plus it is easier to just make 1 order and get 2 then to make 2 sepperate orders.

Also, add reflectix, you will be amazed at how well it insulates the house and reflect the light.

Has anyone hooked up a dimmer switch to these?

The LED's are designed to run off a 12volt current source. Dimming with a standard rheostat will drop the voltage below the lights required operation voltage. You would need get a current control dimmer that maintains 12 volts.

I would only recommend one light, but order more as others have said. I had one in an Otter Den as that was plenty bright. If you are one of those people who is unaffected by staring directly into the sun for extended periods of time, go with two smirk

I would only recommend one light, but order more as others have said. I had one in an Otter Den as that was plenty bright. If you are one of those people who is unaffected by staring directly into the sun for extended periods of time, go with two smirk

I have to agree with Reynolds on this one. I like sitting in my Otter and fishing when it dark and the only light is the glow from my Buddy heater and my Marcum flasher. Now that's the high life grin

Thanks for all of the responses, it looks like I am going to order 1 48cm since I really don't like bright light. As long as I can see when tying a lure or bait on my line then that would be plenty of light for me.

Where do I purchase this reflectix that everyone is talking about? Also does anyone have any pics with their lights and the reflectix?