• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I caught a ten pound walleye this spring, how to on ice& where.

robert1965

43 & 1/2 inch Pike. Caught outta Adrians at 10:15 AM on late slush. Took awhile but was one awesome ride! Also, on a local lake, was out for walleyes & was getting into them pretty good when close to midnight I nailed a 32 inch pike. Was a killer ride until I realized it wasn't a walleye. Still fun nonetheless.

I took my son on his first ice fishing trip to lotw northwest angle 2006 he was 8 yrs old and caught a 42 inch pike through the ice we all thought he had a pout on so we were not to excited untill it till we looked down the hole.It did not fight much until we got its head out of the hole.

I have 3 legit 29.5" eyes to be proud of. All on Mille Lacs, late 90's up to the last in about '02. one was a plain hook and fat head, the other 2, the same small jig with fat head. All were early to mid January and at nite. All 3 went back in the hole!

Maybe I'm spoiled by having 3, but that size seem to be gone now or at least way harder to find with the pressure and lot guys keeping 28's. Not saying they shouldn't, that's personal choice and I believe in to each their own. Just seems like more are doing that.

I do have my Dad's 33" on the wall downstairs he got through the ice on New years day 1971 in a small lake near Brainerd.

It's the memories that last!!

Mine is a Mille Lacs walleye caught around new years 07 27.5 inches in 24 ft of water 2 buddies missed it and then it appeared on my vex and I sealed the deal.......jigging spoon with minnow head

30.25"/10#4oz Walleye on a 150 acre Todd Co. lake Jan 1st @ 4pm. Was preceded by 3 14-16" eyes within 45 minutes. Spinning rod/reel w/ braid mainline/8 lb flouro leader w/ plain #1 hook/glow bead on the knot. 4" shiner. Made 4 runs before it went by the hole. 20 fow. I don't fish the typical "big fish" lakes.

Same with Fiskynut, have gotten my fair share of big fish. Hands down, big water systems are your best bet to get big fish, but there are those sleeper lakes too. Most all of mine have come from Great Lakes systems, Superior and Michigan mainly.