• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pickerel Arm Camps Sioux Lookout, ON

Mike Stark

I have been there once when I was in high school. It was my first trip to Cananda and it was awesome. I can't wait to go back there and take my 3 year old son along when he gets older. My dad has a group of guys that go up there every year in June and they have a great time. I thoguth the camp was real nice and good cabins.

There is another guy (fishook) on this HSOforum that is part of that fishing group that I am sure will chime in.

Been to Kabiwabic many times, you will enjoy the fishing. The portages are incredible. If they get a chance, fish walleys near the waterfalls. Been many years since I have been there but it was a great fishing experience.

me my dad and my brother are heading up to pickerel arm camps this weekend to do some fall fishing for walters and pike.

has anyone ever been to this camp?

we are fishing on kabi....anyone ever fished there?

thanks for the info.

mike

Been going to Pickerel Arm for the past 20 years. Always stayed at base camp and fished Minnitaki. Make sure you talk to Lee about limits and stuff of Kabi as some of the fly-ins have special limits and restrictions. Kabi is a great Walter lake from what I hear. Like others had said, lots of sunken rocks and points so be careful with the boats and bring a GPS.

I was up there from Sept. 9-14 with a group of six guys. We caught alot of walleyes, biggest was 27 1/2". Most of the guys fished for walleyes while my brother-in-law and I fished for pike. We had alot of action all day and caught some very nice fish. Seemed very wierd, but they don't have any smallies in the lake. One of the guys caught a large eelpout in 40' of water. Check out the waterfalls area, lots of small fish but very nice view.

well just got back from kabi today. what a trip....we flew in last friday...fished a little after moving into the cabin that evening with only 2 fish...we were a little worried....sat morning fished and lost track of how many fish we caught...we were catching them as fast as we could put a minnow on...nice fish anywhere between 14-20in. sun was a lot of the same more and more fish....mon strong wind out of the east tough fishing but still caught fish...tues another great morning....got into some good size fish....20, 21, 21, 22, and a 25 the biggest fish of the trip...the two 21s were a double up...fun...fun...fun caught hundreds of fish all between 25-10fow....all the big ones were in around 15fow

pike fishing was ok....no big ones....lots of 22-26...great eaters....biggest pike only 30in

fish were hungry...bellys full of food

overall great trip! the camp is great....people were great

thanks to lee and the folks at pickerel arm camps

if you want a great walleye lake and great service go to kabi with pickerel arm camp

Been going to PAC since 1985. Minnitaki is a real walleye factory. There are two Kabis: Kabiwabic and Kabikebic (spelling is close at best). We have never flown to an outpost (Lee has 8 or 10 of them) but stay at the base and take our own rigs. There may not be any smallmouth bass in Kabi, but Minnitaki has plenty of them. We generally make the June trip (the guys) and go back with the wives in late July/early August. Lots of great memories from up there.

I was up there from Sept. 9-14 with a group of six guys. We caught alot of walleyes, biggest was 27 1/2". Most of the guys fished for walleyes while my brother-in-law and I fished for pike. We had alot of action all day and caught some very nice fish. Seemed very wierd, but they don't have any smallies in the lake. One of the guys caught a large eelpout in 40' of water. Check out the waterfalls area, lots of small fish but very nice view.