• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Finally!!!!!!!!

midex717

Well, after 24,391.68245 casts, I caught my first Musky! It's a pretty 36" Tiger caught on a south Metro lake.

My son also caught his first Musky on Lake of the Woods this summer, so we are both finally over the hump!!

Hope you enjoy the photo!

DSC02261.jpg

Quote:
Thats orchard cjac's spot. Nice muskie

The cool thing is there's 20+ metro tiger lakes that in general are underfished. Couple that with the fact most are fairly small and can be covered in a single time out, it's not too had to establish OK vs. GOOD vs. PRIME spots. Not too hard to end up with (insert name here)'s spot.

Fall was good LY for my boat and tigers, some tend to think it slows come Fall but I disagree. We boated three over 40 LY and lost another mid-40s fish, in limited time no less.

Some may say I'm letting the "cat" out of the bag, but in reality these fish are underfished.

Anyhow, nice fish midex, keep on 'em!

Quote:
Nice work - Cjac is wrong - it gets waaaay easier!!

Hey now, can't let a guy think it's easy now! Just because you got 2 in 30 minutes! grin

Hey now, can't let a guy think it's easy now! Just because you got 2 in 30 minutes! grin

I pretty much went O for August - so I'll chak it up to good Karma Chris - Let me know if you ever want to go out at night - mama is much happier when I'm gone all night than all day.

I pretty much went O for August - so I'll chak it up to good Karma Chris - Let me know if you ever want to go out at night - mama is much happier when I'm gone all night than all day.

Dont forget the due you've paid so far... all those times you've spent on the lake... Im still 0 for 0 but have seen 2 close up so far... hoping that the luck will change asap...

Way to go midex! I finally got to experience the feeling of my first (not counting accidental catches while walleye fishing) a little over a week ago on Cass Lake.

smallmuskie.jpg

This is my 1st full year of muskie fishing, and it's been quite a learning experience. As the year has progressed, I seem to be seeing fish more & more consistantly, but have been having trouble getting bites. But I am gaining more & more confidence as time goes on, and the time on the water is starting to pay off (though not with the big girls yet, but hopefully that will change as well). The last 2 trips out, we have put a fish in the boat. (Also sandwiched a trip out w/ Tim Anderson & had a GREAT day on the water. We saw several 48"+ fish, as well as a few mid-40's, caught a couple nice pike, and lost what would have been my PB muskie about 15' from the boat). Took Dad out on Mille Lacs yesterday, and in about 2.5 hours, we saw 3 "lazy-swimmers", had 1 missed strike about 10' from the boat, had a hot follow from a very large fish that peeled-off right at the boat, and culminated w/ Dad catching the biggest fish of his life, and to date the largest muskie in my boat.

dadmuskie40.jpg

It may not be the biggest, but we were both pretty pumped up over it.

I just want to say THANKS! to everyone on this board for all the info & good luck to everyone this fall.

Hey nice work snowman on your first catch as well, nice fish!!!! Tell your dad congrats on his as well, also a nice fish!!

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments, and my son, and I also would like to wish everyone good fishing, and a safe time as well!!!

Snowman, congrats on you and your fathers fish. I second CJac's comments on both your catchs. Those are some nice looking fish, both with some different looking coloring and features. Your fathers fish looks like it will be a pig in a few years, looks to have a nice girth on it. What did she measure out to be?

Thanks FFG. I was in such a hurry to get her back in the water that I forgot to girth her & just took a quick length w/ her in the net, came out right around 39-40" +/-. She was definitely not starving. I caught a fat pike last ice season that was a bit shorter, w/ a 17" girth, but dad's muskie was definitely fatter than that.