• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Google Chrome Browser

LMITOUT

Question

Anyone download the new Google Browser? I've been a die hard Firefox user for quite some time, but this Google browser is pretty nice so far. It loads pages super fast. The tabbed browsing is what I liked about Firefox and Google took it a step further by allowing the user to pull the tab off the browser to create a new session/window. If you finish with the second session, just grab the tab and place it back onto the original tab bar of the first session. Very neat. So far I like it but I've only been using it for about five minutes now. grin

13 answers to this question

I am also a die hard Firefox user. Installed Chrome today. So far, ok. It doesn't seem as user friendly as FF, but I will give it a try.

Also remember, Google has an agreement with Firefox until 2011. So I can foresee changes with Firefox to integrate with Chrome in the next few years.

PS... MSFT stock tumbled today. Investors worried?

Dropped 19 cents which isn't quite a "tumble", and the rest of the market slumped later in the day too after a hot start to the beginning of the day.

I've been using the new browser this evening and it seems OK. I had to download a beta version of Java so that the radar loop would function on the National Weather Service HSOforum. Other than that it's good so far. The pages load super fast which is nice. A couple other bells and whistles help too.

I'm liking it so far, this is the first browser other than IE that I have ever used........did you notice the spellcheck that comes with it in these response boxes? Just right click on the red underlined words and it gives you suggestions for the misspelled words.

I like Chrome, but no middle click scrolly thing? Come onnnnnnnnnnn

Also I noticed a few bugs on pages like Facebook that turned me away because I couldn't look at photos. I'll probably stick with Firefox and give this another try in a couple months. I have pretty high hopes for Google, but kind of wish they would've worked with Mozilla instead of against them. frown