Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
LMITOUT

Google Chrome Browser

Anyone download the new Google Browser? I've been a die hard Firefox user for quite some time, but this Google browser is pretty nice so far. It loads pages super fast. The tabbed browsing is what I liked about Firefox and Google took it a step further by allowing the user to pull the tab off the browser to create a new session/window. If you finish with the second session, just grab the tab and place it back onto the original tab bar of the first session. Very neat. So far I like it but I've only been using it for about five minutes now. grin

I am also a die hard Firefox user. Installed Chrome today. So far, ok. It doesn't seem as user friendly as FF, but I will give it a try.

Also remember, Google has an agreement with Firefox until 2011. So I can foresee changes with Firefox to integrate with Chrome in the next few years.

PS... MSFT stock tumbled today. Investors worried?

Dropped 19 cents which isn't quite a "tumble", and the rest of the market slumped later in the day too after a hot start to the beginning of the day.

I've been using the new browser this evening and it seems OK. I had to download a beta version of Java so that the radar loop would function on the National Weather Service HSOforum. Other than that it's good so far. The pages load super fast which is nice. A couple other bells and whistles help too.

Yes, not a tumble...but I bought in a few more bucks the other day...so I am crabby bout that laugh

Yes, JAVA is awesome with it. Pages do load super fast.

I hear ya!

I noticed that after loading Java and trying the radar loop it loads the animation a bit slower than FFox did. Not a deal breaker but definitely noticeable.

I'm liking it so far, this is the first browser other than IE that I have ever used........did you notice the spellcheck that comes with it in these response boxes? Just right click on the red underlined words and it gives you suggestions for the misspelled words.

I like Chrome, but no middle click scrolly thing? Come onnnnnnnnnnn

Also I noticed a few bugs on pages like Facebook that turned me away because I couldn't look at photos. I'll probably stick with Firefox and give this another try in a couple months. I have pretty high hopes for Google, but kind of wish they would've worked with Mozilla instead of against them. frown