• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

There are few places on earth where you can find peace..

Valv

...for your soul, and this is one of them.

The Milan's cathedral: Il Duomo

Started in the 14th century and still under construction after over 500 years, remember this 12 days from now.

God bless us all.

That is a beautiful cathedral but to be honest I find more peace on a pristine body of water at sunrise or a crisp fall day in the woods. Now I'm not against churches I sing in the choir and spend probably 5 hours a week in one. I just feel a lot more spirtual in the outdoors.

What ever works for you is what works for you. I'll agree that watching the sunrise over a flock of decoys, or the smell of a bon fire on a cool autum evening, or sitting on the ice watching the sunset with a line in the water is about as close to Heaven on Earth a guy can get.

Valv, when I was in the Navy and travelling all over the place, I saw this cathedreal. It's awe inspiring to say the least.

I don't understand the 12 days from now thing. Please explain.

I agree Val, we saw the Duomo and a number of other cathedrals of equal majesty when we were in Europe last year. They truly are amazing buildings. Its hard to even comprehend all of the history that has happened in and around many of these beautiful churches.