• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

boat leak where plug goes in

gbc

Okay, I was getting all kinds of water in my boat so last night I filled it up with water with the plug in. I noticed that the piece the plug goes into (not sure what that is called) wiggles back and forth a little and is loose. Water drains out the bottom of that piece so I'm assuming that is where all my water is getting in as well. Anybody know where I coudld replace that piece from or would I be okay either siliconing around that piece or using some waterweld product to seal it?

Sounds good, I'm pretty sure it's not the plug, but as efgh calls it the "bung hole" :-) I can actually see the water coming out between the boat and the bung hole, not the plug. I think I'll silicone it or use some of the jb weld waterweld product to see if that takes care of it for now.

I had a few leaks on my aluminum boat......I used a aluminum mix and apply and let dry stuff and it didn't last so I bought some JB Weld steel....sanded the areas again and that stuff is not coming off.....a great cheap fix.