• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Herb Brooks... 5 years ago Today!

PierBridge

Wow! It is hard to believe it's been 5 years. I remember hearing the live traffic report on the radio before they knew who it was. Is that Tom Chorske with Herb in the second to last photo?

Wow, has it been 5 years? I remember hearing about it on the radio up at the cabin. We came home the next day and passed the spot, kind of eerie as it happened just the day before and all the police paint, tire marks etc. were all still there. I have a vivid memory of a hockey stick stuck in the ground in the median with a Gopher hat on top. Very sad day.

Thanks for the pics to stir the memories PB! I won't soon forget hearing about it on the one channel we received on the TV while vacationing up in the Kabetogema area...very sad day for Minnesota and USA hockey!!

So, are they putting the cables along most of the interstates in MN (in between opposite lanes) because of this tragegy?

No.... they are doing it because it helps with head on collisions by keeping vehicles from crossing the center line and into on coming traffic.

Keep the thread on topic please.