• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FL20 Worth it??

Showtime

That's a pretty good deal for sure, I bought a new one two years ago and used it about 30 times, I never cared for it however. I could never seem to get it to work as good as the 18 so I sold it and bought a new 18 again for last season. I seemed to have alot of trouble with inteference and I also felt that the 18 has alot better definition. Just my opinion. The 20 does have a couple more features that are kind of nice in certain situations. For the money it's still a heck of a nice unit!

lots of people out there are still using the 8 and still catching fish, the only reason I would buy a 20 is for really deep water and use the bottom lock. but I already use an 18 and would not trade it for NE THING

I would say worth it yeah, especially for the price, that is the top of the line vex pretty much out there, look at what they are new and should help and a good used older one FL-8 will probably run you from $150-200 range

That is a pretty good price at $350 since you are also saving an sales tax. I recommend trying to get the reciept from the seller as well for the warrenty coverage (I think it is 2 yrs). Even without the warrenty my experience with Vexilar service has been very good - they would most likely fix any problem even without the reciept no questions asked. I personlly recommend the 12 degree over the 9/19, don't think it is worth the extra cost since I don't do real deep water fishing.

NAMA - you are right about the FL-18. It is a rock solid workhorse that is tough to beat. However I really like the flat screen and night time mode (way easier on the eyes in low light after a long night on the ice). At first I was frustrated with my FL-20 after upgrading from my FL-18. Brought it into Vexilar and they did some tweeking of the electronics and replaced the transducer (wasn't hanging straight at the end of the cable) - since the fixes it has been great.

Not touching the Marcum recommendation, we'll save those debates for the winter time wink