• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Depleting the Resource!

wooduck26

The Wife, I , and a buddy went to our favorite Channel Cat shore fishing spot friday night. This is a spot weve been fishing for about 4-5 years with great success. Our best night was 50+ fish, 8 hours, 2 guys, with fish ranging froom 3-15lbs. I consider that an excellent spot. Over the years we've noticed the fishing pressure on this particular spot greatly increase, and the overall size of the fish decrease. Well we arrive friday evening and notice right away all the trash, left behind by other fisherman, and a new "trail" formed where there were never more than a few tracks in the past.......we rig up, throw out, and watch 8 more people show up and set up right next to us! after about 15-20 minutes I said to my buddy "This is about the longest we've went without any action". he says "Dont worry they'll turn on" We both agreed that just before dark they would start to feed......The sunsets and we are still fishless. We fished this spot until about 10 pm and never caught a channel (caught some BIG bullheads) After talking to "Our nieghbors" and them telling us the amount of people fishing and taking everything they catch has been through the roof, and all 8 of them never catching a fish either we decided to go to a different area, and low and behold we caught about 10 fish in about 1.5 hours.........I think this goes to show how fishing pressure, and people taking home eery fish they catch can totaly depleate the rescource......I find it very sad. Very Sad.

It happens...my favorite spot is actually no secret at all. The fishing pressure on it has increased so much, there's plenty of snaffu fishing line underwater where there use to be none.

Where there's underwater logs, people have pulled and banked it up on shore retrieving their lures. Well that's why there's fishes around because of those snaffu's. Now the fishes are gone and scattered elsewhere.

It also frustrates me that people drag the picnic tables to the shoreline and when the water level goes high, it sweeps those picnic tables into the water. Everwonder why you catch a fish and it snags - picnic table. I just pulled out a picnic table board about 4 feet long all waterlogged rotted about 500 yards downstream close to another log pile.

In many instances - I relocate. Mainly becuase the river is constantly changing and the fish just don't hang out in the same spot all the time.

The Wife, I , and a buddy went to our favorite Channel Cat shore fishing spot friday night. This is a spot weve been fishing for about 4-5 years with great success. Our best night was 50+ fish, 8 hours, 2 guys, with fish ranging froom 3-15lbs. I consider that an excellent spot. Over the years we've noticed the fishing pressure on this particular spot greatly increase, and the overall size of the fish decrease. Well we arrive friday evening and notice right away all the trash, left behind by other fisherman, and a new "trail" formed where there were never more than a few tracks in the past.......we rig up, throw out, and watch 8 more people show up and set up right next to us! after about 15-20 minutes I said to my buddy "This is about the longest we've went without any action". he says "Dont worry they'll turn on" We both agreed that just before dark they would start to feed......The sunsets and we are still fishless. We fished this spot until about 10 pm and never caught a channel (caught some BIG bullheads) After talking to "Our nieghbors" and them telling us the amount of people fishing and taking everything they catch has been through the roof, and all 8 of them never catching a fish either we decided to go to a different area, and low and behold we caught about 10 fish in about 1.5 hours.........I think this goes to show how fishing pressure, and people taking home eery fish they catch can totaly depleate the rescource......I find it very sad. Very Sad.

its a catfish....who cares...

its like complaining that the Coot population is down...

Haha you guys are crackin me up!

dtro - I was just burning some time on the net and happened to stumble upon your youtube account...those are some sweet videos...great catfishing footage!

Haha you guys are crackin me up!

dtro - I was just burning some time on the net and happened to stumble upon your youtube account...those are some sweet videos...great catfishing footage!

That's what they are there for......burnin time.

Thanks