• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Orange Spectacular

A local annual event is this weekend so I thought I'd check it out with a friend. It's called the "Orange Spectacular". It's a huge Allis Chalmers show. People come from all around the country to show and see Allis Chalmers tractors of all years and models. It was interesting to see all of the restored tractors and all of the Allis crazy people there are.

100749956.jpg

100749958.jpg

100749966.jpg

A few years ago, at the Rollag Midwest Minnesota Steam thrashers Runion (labor day weekend every year) they had a huge Allis Chalmers special. Hundreds if not thousands of Orange Meanies. They do a different breed of machine each year, as a special but I think the AC year was the biggest.

Thanks everyone. It was a pretty neat site. There had to be several hundred or more tractors there. I'm not a farmer and don't know the first thing about tractors but I like stuff like that.

Great photos Mike - we have a friend who attends the Orange Spectacular every year, I'll have to share the thread with him. My Dad restored an old Farmall - the first tractor his Dad ever owned. I have some kind of cool pictures of it before & after, I'll have to see if I can dig them out.

Jackie, the Farmall H was the main workhorse on the dairy farm of my grandparents. The H had the front wheels tight together in the middle, while some other Farmall models had them spread out.

Golly, tractor talk. Makes me feel like it's 1973 again and time to get out there and work the hay fields! It's about time to cut, rake and bale the second crop of hay in southern Wisconsin. gringringrin

I do believe it was an H! My Grampa had a "truck farm" in what is now Maplewood. He grew lots of veggies and trucked them into the Farmers Market in St. Paul each weekend. They also had chickens and I think a few goats. My folks and I lived with them until I was 3 and then later Grampa lived with us for a few years. We didn't have a farm, but had a huge garden and I still remember Grampa driving that tractor around our place - I picked plenty of corn, beans, strawberries, aspargus, squash & cucumbers and even collected eggs and plucked chickens - never got to do the baling bit smile Ahh the good ol' days!!

Dang - I should have looked at the pictures first - Dad's tractor has a big ol' A on the front! Anyway, sorry to have hijacked this thread -- When I can get a few of the old pictures uploaded I'll start a new one! It is fun to think about though..