• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MN Muskie/Pike Management Plan needs support ASAP!

jyoung

Between now and July 28th, DNR Commissioner Mark Holsten needs to hear from you! He needs to hear your support for the Muskie/Pike Management Plan. Emails and letters mean nothing at this point in time. You need to call him directly. It only takes 30 seconds to voice your support.

Even though there is great support for the plan it's been quiet from supporters and the negative responses have taken hold. So this is it! One last rally from the troops to get this plan passed!

Please make your call NOW! We're FINALLY at the point where things are going to happen but he ABSOLUTELY NEEDS to hear from you!

Mark Holsten, DNR Commissioner

651-259-5555

Leave your name and number. If you don't talk to him personally...leave a voicemail.

Here is a link to the MN DNR web page with the Management Plan.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/fisheries/muskiepike_2020.html

sounds good. Hopefully they can really place some emphasis on educating the public on the role of muskies in the fish community. That way the mille lacs walleye junkies can stop complaining about how muskies are ruining the walleye population...what a joke i might add.

Thanks for posting and to y'all that have taken action.

I've said this before, but it does work and is heard. I've received replies EVERY time I've voiced my concern or support, including a personal email from my local House rep thanking me and asking me to help keep her in the loop on legislative issues.

PS I just called too......

Quote:
Please make your call NOW! We're FINALLY at the point where things are going to happen but he ABSOLUTELY NEEDS to hear from you!

Mark Holsten, DNR Commissioner

651-259-5555

Please do call and post here that you did. Mention Fishing Minnesota too.......

I left a message with Mark and told him about my involvement and position with FM and that we can be a communication vehicle to assist in supporting this Management Plan.

Sure would be nice for me to follow up with him and say I have a post with 50 replies in support rather than 5........

Thanks all......

My fishing partner and I were on our way down to fish Mille Lacs yesterday, and we called in along the way. We talked to the secretary there. She basically asked for our name, phone number, area where we lived and then asked me if I had any additional comments? I laughed hard and asked her how long she had to talk? She laughed too, but I gave her the gist of my opinion in a few minutes. It was a pleasant conversation. Then Dan called and did the same thing.

Easy to do and only takes a minute.

BTW, in spite of a flat tire on the way down, got a 43 and lost another. Beautiful full moon night on the water.

Hey all,

A little more of a numbers game and push here would be nice to see....four additional posts in 3 days isn't making an "impact" statement.

The addition of muskie lakes, continued stocking, the chances of 40 inch pike returning to Minn are dependant on this type of legislation.

Even if 100% of this doesn't fly initially, it lays the foundation for more to follow.

I called today as well. I didn't get a live person. But I left a message with my name and phone number and offered up my two cents supporting the long range management plan. Hopefully their phones are ringing off the hook with support. This is way too important to not take two minutes out of our day to let them know that we care and support their efforts.

Aaron

I called their office today and they would give no details other than they had the meeting and the results would be public around the 18th, so we will have to live with that for a few more days I guess.

Fingers are still Xed