• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

From what I've been hearing its been very slow. Sounds like they have been battling rain, cold and wind. Water temps are still very cold. Your going with a charter so you know you will get some fish. Good luck and let us know how you do.

I was out with a group to Kinns Katch on May 27 - 29. First trip out there and we had a blast.Couldn't get on the water Tues. Wed. fished most the day kept 16. Thursday we were on the water @ 4:30 am back to the harbor by 9:00 with 22. Missed 6 more. First class outfit.

I was just wondering if anyone got out over the weekend or the last 2 days? And if so how they did.

I am heading over this Fri-Sun and I am just wondering if they are starting to hit yet.

Thanks for any info!

They are getting a mix of kings, bows and browns with a few lakers mixed in. Right now most everyone is fishing in about a 125' but pods of fish show u[p here and there shallower as well. The weather has really put the fishing in flux. People are doing well out of port Washington, a few fish have been caught out of Keewaunee and Algoma is just starting to go. Charters are doing pretty well in the deeper water but it is hit and miss with some mornings out and in and others out for the day. You should do fine. Great lakes angler can give you some more info as well as some of the other guys on the board here. I plan on hitting it next weekend if able and then again the second weekend in July. I'll post more as I find out more.

Tunrevir~

We are the Bay Bobber, a 22' Aquasport. We camp at Big Lake campground when we are over there. I will try to remember to give you a call on the radio to give you an update on how the fishing is going for us.

I'll be in Keewaunee and Algoma over the 12-15th and then back again 2 weeks later. You can hail me on the radio as Tunrevir or Odes follies, as I answer to both. Sounds like the bite is picking up daily out of both ports. Good luck and tightlines!

Tunrevir~

I will be in Kewaunee 10th-13th. Boat name is Never Enuff or just give outdoorran a call. Chef I think i still have your cell number. Got a slip in the marina again. Man, I hope the fish are poppin like they were last year. That was a blast!

Val, you still got the Reel Cranky? I'm sure you saw on the Duluth forum that Viking (Dave) passed away a couple weeks ago. Sad deal frown

Fished Fri and Sat with a Charter service in Algoma. Caught fish but definetly slower than last year. Water temps sounded about 10 degrees cooler than last year this same time. Afternoon trip boated 8 and Sat morn boated 10. Still a blast being over there. Most we talked to had similar luck. A few were doing better and more were doing less. Can't wait to go back.

nblasin, I had about the same luck. We had 7 in the afternoon and had 9 in the morning. We had some misses in there as well. The boat we had was cpt Adam. He and the first mate were very good. Had a blast and I will be going back on Aug 11 and 12 with another group. The next boat will be midnight. Kinns is as classy as reported on here. Lots of fun but a long two days as we left at 4am on fri. and got back to the metro at 6pm on sat.

Fished with a charter on Sunday afternoon 7/13 and Monday morning 7/14. 4 guy's and caught 13 each time out plus a couple misses. Nothing very big. Best fishing seemed to be out in 150ft. Water temp is definitely behind last year at this time. From the others we talked to, we probably did better than most.

Fished out on LM over the 12-15th. Fished Keewaunee, Algoma, and ran up to Gils rock for a day. We caught our fish in 50-90' in Keewaunee with temps around 43-47 degrees all fish were on fullcore rigs off boards with spoons. Chilly willy, wartfrog and blue dolphin all took fish. Algoma, deeper water south of town produced with temps again ranging from 43-51 degrees with the warmer temps found out over 150 fow. Dypsies set at 2.5 150 feet back with flasher fly combos took most of the fish. Cracked ice and silver flashers with opti aqua frog, and green tinsel howie flies got hit, full and half core rigs each took fish with spoons, chilly willie, monkey puke, rotten blueberry muffin all took fish. Gils rock found surface temps from 65-71 degrees, the fish were interested in the flasher fly combos off of dypsies and j-plugs in pearl, wonderbread and green/black splatterback #4's fished 60-150' marked alot of alewives and the fish weren't far behind. Most of our fish caught were above 60'. Seemed like the long leads of the fullcore and halfcore rigs off of boards did better in the more pressured areas with the dypsies/flies doing better on the less pressured fish. Pearl/silver with black ladder back was good and anything that was orange or red would take bows up high.

Tunrevir~

Just returned from the trip to Algoma. Water temps are warming a little but fishing is slow. First day managed a few fish and then it got ugly. Lots of fog and no fish. We actually posted back to back Zero's...no fish for 2 trips. That is the first time in 10 years to have that slow of action. The fish we did catch consisted of bows and very large salmon in the 15 pound plus range.

We fished off Cooks Catch II with Kinn's fishing company on 7-30,31 and it was horrible fishing. 5 hrs on Wed pm produced two small browns, 1 15lb brown and 1 18lb king. Thurs am produced 1 12lb king. This is the worst I've seen the fishing. Talking to people, some say the water temp is too warm and some say it's too cold. One blamed it on the fisheries lack of salmon stalking?

it has NOTHING to do with stocking, water temps were cold to far into the summer,they have finally warmed up, but fish are not schooling as much and they are scattered.. It must be horrible if Kinns cant find fish!