• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Erasmus James to Redskins

Born2Fish

We did release him. Put it on the wire so that other teams would try for a trade. The vikings played the system knowing that he would not actually hit waivers over the long weekend. So by monday night they reached a deal with the skins...too bad we couldn't get a 6th for him like williamson.

By the way, thanks for that draft tice!

That's because Tice was a doofus that worked for peanuts. Red Mccombs would have let me coach the team if i was willing to do it on the cheap.

The 05 draft was brutal but 07 and 08 drafts have had some nice players.

LETS GO VIKES!

We haven't been able to pick a decent defensive end in the draft since Chris Doleman in 1985. Erasmus James, Kenechi Udeze, Dimitrius Underwood, Derrick Alexander, Duane Clemons and Gerald Robinson sick

AHHAHA - james walleye...do you beleive that?

Thats why Tice lobbied to get him in Jacksonville right? He couldn't get Merriman?

Tice was on T-Will the whole time...just said he'd rather of taken Merriman to save face after Williamson obviously struggled catching the ball...

I had heard that but couldn't confirm it (about Williamson and Merriman).

I did know a guy that was Flip Saunders' right hand man (he was later a staffer for Saunders in Detroit) that worked some basketball camps with me and a buddy of mine that told us later that everyone in the Wolves front office wanted to take Josh Howard but McHale swore by Ndudi Ebi in the '03 draft. I wish front offices kept diaries of who wanted which player when drafting. You would sure find out who can evaluate talent, that's for sure...but that would be a form of accountability, and we don't do that in Minnesota sport journalism or the MN fan base....

Its ok Walleye - believe that Tice was a Merriman supporter over a Williamson supporter.

You are probably the same guy that rode T-Jack into the ground all last year and will be wearing his jersey when he has a couple good games!

Badger, Badger, Badger, Badger...Mushroom, Mushroom!!!

As soon as the vikings landed that 7th overall pick from the raiders. Tice was looking for his very own Randy-ratio...he was convinced Troy Williamson was the guy (he could stretch the field). Only problem, Williamson couldn't convince anyone he could catch. The best part about the Williamson draft pick is the fact they didn't take Mike Williams...who most Vikings rubes wanted.

Take a look at the first 10 picks in that '05 draft. Talk about brutal!

Land of 15,000 ponds would be a more accurate statement, being that Minnesota has regulations stating that a body of water has to be a certain size for it to be counted as a lake.

There is nothing to believe. Did you read what i said? It was public knowledge BEFORE and AFTER the draft that Tice was on Merrimans bandwagon. You are the one who is trying to believe something that isnt there.

T-Jack? How long you been on this board? LOL. I've been the one saying over and over that the kid needs a chance.

Badger, Badger, Badger, Badger...Mushroom, Mushroom!!!

As soon as the vikings landed that 7th overall pick from the raiders. Tice was looking for his very own Randy-ratio...he was convinced Troy Williamson was the guy (he could stretch the field). Only problem, Williamson couldn't convince anyone he could catch. The best part about the Williamson draft pick is the fact they didn't take Mike Williams...who most Vikings rubes wanted.

Take a look at the first 10 picks in that '05 draft. Talk about brutal!

Land of 15,000 ponds would be a more accurate statement, being that Minnesota has regulations stating that a body of water has to be a certain size for it to be counted as a lake.

Titsosy11....LOL..Those ponds have produced bigger Largemouth, Smallmouth, Musky, and Walleye than MN "lakes"

You must enjoy being one of the top daily posters even though you don't have much to say in your posts. You did graduate from UW Madison right? At least you had the opportunity to see some quality football & basketball when you were there.

I'm glad I had you pegged as never actually playing the game. It explains a lot!