• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Registration help?

I'm pretty sure you can pick one up same day at any of the state licensing places (tabs and such). I just did the official ownership transfer of my canoe last week at the AAA facility off of Hwy 100 in St Louis Park.

Duffman is exactly right. There is a worksheet I think you can print off the net so you know what numbers you'll need. You will want your Hull ID number for sure and know the make, model, size and what its made out of.

Back in 99 when I registered my Perception Keowee 2 there was no

option for plastic what its made from. It was either Aluminum or

fiberglass. So my hull is registered as Aluminum since there was

no other option.

I wonder if they have opened more hull type options since that time.

They have added more options.

Thank you, time to get my Kayak registered with its proper hull.

Never been checked, but I am sure it would raise some questions.

If you're re-registering the boat on the internet they allow you to write down a transaction number (called a TAN I believe) and use that until your real sticker shows up in the mail. This year was the first year I had to re-register my canoe and was given this option on the DNT site at checkout.

last year when I fianlly registered my "new" canoe I had troubles since I had no paperwork on it and it only had a serial number and not a hull #

apparently any boat built before Nov of 71 has a serial # and not a hull #

the lady at the DMV wasnt happy that I was a few digits short with the number I gave her. eek

she handed me the sticker on the spot though.

Do you know if I have to pay sales tax on a boat I would buy online? For instance if I bought it out of state and paid shipping to get it here, would I still be required to pay sales tax on a new boat when I went to register it?