• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hydraulics not working?

Tippman

Posting this for a friend who says his motor will not raise or lower as the hydraulics don't appear to be working. He says it's an 80's model 100 horse motor. He didn't know the brand off the top of his head. It makes the sound like it should when moving but doesn't budge. I know this is very generic information but I don't know anything about this stuff. Any ideas??

What more do you need to know. That's why I'm asking, because I don't know anything about it. Tell me what I need to ask him and I can go from there.

Okay I'll start with a couple of the obvious problems I've hit only because opener is coming soon.

Do you have enough juice in the battery? If I don't have enough juice the motor won't move.

Also make sure that you have hydaulic fluid in the lines. One year I developed a leak and there wasn't enough fluid left to push the motor either.

Originally Posted By: Tippman
What more do you need to know. That's why I'm asking, because I don't know anything about it. Tell me what I need to ask him and I can go from there.

Well, the trick to get good replies on internet questions is to provide the most information to help pinpoint the solution.

Ask your friend the exact year and model and brand of motor, the exact symptoms, what has he done to try to fix it, anybody has done anything, etc, and we will be able to help you out.

Some specific questions to ask:

1) Can you hear the trim and tilt pump running, or is it not making any noise at all?

2) Is it making noise in only one direction?

3) Will the engine crank over?

4) Did he have any issues last year?

marine_man