• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2017 Hunting Regs?

3 hours ago, BRULEDRIFTER said:

What ever happened to the All-Season tag? I didn't bow hunt back when that was around, but if I remember right, people didn't like it or something?  I think our licenses need to be restructured back to an All-Season format option.  It's ridiculous that folks need to spend $90 to participate in all 3 hunting season if they choose, for 1 stinking deer.  You should only need to buy 1 tag to tag 1 deer, regardless of the weapon.  That's how bonus tags work.  

Yes.

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:11 PM, certified jumbo said:

Yea.  It's kind of bush league.   Managed which is 5 miles from me can shoot 2 does for $15 each.  I can shoot 1 doe with my bow for $30 and I lose my buck tag statewide with a bow.  So I'm forced to buy a muzzy or gun tag for another $30 to harvest my buck in a different zone.    So i have to pay $60 for two deer and the guy a few miles away can shoot 2 for 30$ if there both does.

I agree they are doing that as a way to keep track that you cant hunt in the hunters choice area once you tag a deer in that area.

But I think once I tag a doe with a doe in hunters choice I should be able to go buy a bonus (good for buck or doe) tag that says not valid in hunters choice/lotto area

I've lived and hunted here in MN for 4 years and will admit the tag structure is weird. I understand it now, but at first it made no sense. The idea of an all season tag appeals to me and seems like it'd be way easier for people to understand. 

On 8/5/2017 at 8:47 AM, Siwulat said:

The idea of an all season tag appeals to me and seems like it'd be way easier for people to understand. 

It's funny that you say that since one of the reasons they said they changed the structure and got rid of the all season license and multi zone licence was because it was apparently to complex.