• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What heater are you using

bken

I didn't have to because I framed with 2x3's and with inside wood on walls, siding, and heat shield on furnace I was close enough. It would be easy to put a little on the outside of the hose though. I'm a touch short but never caused me any problems. 

Empire's are great heaters, but expensive new, like Cold One has. Check the efficiency of the Williams. You won't be overheated if you're insulated well but it will probably work. I know that anything over about that 14,000 BTU is where they start to get real expensive so that is always a concern too.

I have the williams one from menards.  Love it.  Went threw 2 empires before that, issues with thermocuplers and unit rusting during the summers, humidity im assuming.  What I like about the williams I have is everything is right there when you open the hood, not tucked on the side like the empire if you have maintenance to do. Going on 6 years and starts right up, it does take a little longer to heat up the house, but whats 15 minutes.  Plus the price was right, back then it was 389.

I picked up a 1 month old empire dv215 for 75 off the liiist. I had to convert it from nat to lp but that was also pretty cheap.  It's heats my 8x12 that has been foamed pretty good. It will be better once I get a 12v celing fan to push the air down 

16 hours ago, blue_healer_guy said:

I have the williams one from menards.  Love it.  Went threw 2 empires before that, issues with thermocuplers and unit rusting during the summers, humidity im assuming.  What I like about the williams I have is everything is right there when you open the hood, not tucked on the side like the empire if you have maintenance to do. Going on 6 years and starts right up, it does take a little longer to heat up the house, but whats 15 minutes.  Plus the price was right, back then it was 389.

How big of a house do you have and what BTU is your heater?

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 0:07 PM, bken said:

I can pick up williams for around 500. my house will have 2" sprayed foamed floor. 1 1/2" foam board in the walls and 2" in the ceiling

Skip foam board and spray foam the entire house, that way the efficiency will allow you to use a smaller BTU heater.