• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What bblades for grinding and why

Boar, grinder plates and knives are usually matched when you buy them.  It's not a good idea to switch one knife from a medium to another plate.  When we had the proper combination when I was working we would get them in sets.  The proper plate with the proper knife.  Never mixed them up.  The plates and knives I got when I bought my grinder for use at home came in sets as well, each matching each other.  If you loose a plate or knife or want to replace one or another, make sure you get the same part so they match.  good luck.

those kniffes came with my plates, ive got no.clue what plate.gose.with what kniffe three plates 4 knives.

but i dont remeber them being packaged as a set. like the course and on blade.pacckaged.then medium and a blade ect

It would be best to contact the Company you ordered them from.  My grinder came with 3 plates and 3 knives.  When I was working, as I said before,  They all came in sets and when we returned them to get sharpened, that's how we returned them, in sets.  Now, I have no way of knowing how LEM or any other brand handle them.  It may be that they are all compatable with each other.  Thunder has one knife and three blades for example.  That one knife is sized up for those three blades I would think and Boar it looks like you got one spare knife and the others are all sized up to fit any plate, otherwise they should be paired up.  Check with the Company to make sure [or if you still have the instruction booklet].  I have a course plate, medium, and fine [all came with knives as sets ].  The fine plate and knife are like new since I seldom use it.  Thunder you may want to order another knife [blade] since that knife is doing all the work and will wear down quicker over time.  good luck.

4 minutes ago, Boar said:

atleast i know hhow to smoke sausage.... nana nana boo boo......

and like yud know. can talk thhe talk, bbut cant walk thhe walk.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

HEY I gotz a grinder.......use it to make horseradish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:P:P:P

Great info Reinhard.....never knew that blades specifically match with certain knives. Going to have to check that out for the grinder I have. Never thought it made a difference. 

Like I said on the other thread about temps.....you know more about sausage than anyone.