• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tumbling Toms

ANYFISH2

16 hours ago, ANYFISH2 said:

Good luck Donbo and Scoot(s) #1- #16.

Plan on a little last minute scouting this afternoon, set up the blind about dark, and I am ready to rock and roll.

Really haven't seen a lot of birds the last few days,  hoping the weather have just kept them in woods where I couldn't see them.  Otherwise, they may make for a challenging season.  That wouldn't be the worst, I have had very quick seasons recently, my might be rusty.

Well Team I put one down this morning, now to wait for the wife to get up and take some pictures. I had toms all over the peice I hunted this morning, but only a few hit the fields edge and went back in again. I seen years that they will stay in the cover and not come out so I set decoys out in the field and in the clearing in the woods and thats where they come to. Even when I was scouting I only seen a few toms on this property but the place was loaded with them. Good luck to my team members and will get pictures soon

Way to go featherslayer, do you have any measurements yet?

Can't wait for the pics!

The birds seem to be acting the same here.  Heard what I believe to be 5 different gobblers near us this morning. Seen three fly down, and 2 more about 8 ish (think they are 2 of the first 3) with 3 hens, all staying  in the cover.

Not much gobbling after fly down.

Congrats to your brother scoot, nice bird.

My daughter Abigail, has the first up honor today. 

As you can see the excitement has been to much so far!

20160413_083456.jpg

We had 18 Birds come to roost in the trees 50 yards to the north of us last night.  However they took their sweet time to get there and it was the last few minutes of legal shooting light when they got there. They hopped up in the trees and paid no attention to us. Dang!

Oh where, oh where have the turkey's gone!:cry:

Seen one turkey at 8 and didn't so much as hear a gobble the rest of the day!  The wind I am sure didn't help today.  They proving to be quite the challenge for me so far.

Seeing lots of jakes but few mature toms. Passed a few shots now on jakes.  Most have no beard and gobble really well.  Uncle got a nice gobbler today.  We have a good pattern figured out where some like to roost and pass by so I'll sit there tonight.   Hope to get one soon.  Poor weather coming.