Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
opsirc

auger will not run

5 posts in this topic

I have a strikemaster lazer mag that is a few years old. it has the 2 hp Tecumseh motor, usually starts with a few pulls.  this years when i tried to start for the first time, the only way I can keep it running is with 3/4 to full choke, when I tried to throttle it, it dies.  I put in new gas mixed 100:1 using am-soil saber, and a new plug.  took the carb off and it seems to be working properly.  I am out of ideas. anyone have different ideas?

thanks

When they bog or seem starving for gas many times the diaphragm needs adjustment or replacing.

You need a carb kit for that auger. Most small engine shops will have them for that engine or you can order them directly from Strikemaster. The diaphragm and gaskets inside need replacing. The kit is about $20 or something, maybe less depending where you get it. Replace those things and it'll run like a champ. Stop using oxygenated fuel in it and you'll get a longer life on those gaskets and diaphragm.

New carb kit and cleaning will get you going.  Willmans on Anderson road should have the kit. 
 Take the carb off and bring that and the powerhead to be sure get what you need in one trip.

Probably needs the Walbro brand K20-WTA kit, (might be WTA-K20) this kit fixes a lot of different carbs, so you won't use all the parts in it.   Fowlers in Bloomington (MN) sells them for 10.13$ tax included.