• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

auger will not run

opsirc

Question

I have a strikemaster lazer mag that is a few years old. it has the 2 hp Tecumseh motor, usually starts with a few pulls.  this years when i tried to start for the first time, the only way I can keep it running is with 3/4 to full choke, when I tried to throttle it, it dies.  I put in new gas mixed 100:1 using am-soil saber, and a new plug.  took the carb off and it seems to be working properly.  I am out of ideas. anyone have different ideas?

thanks

4 answers to this question

You need a carb kit for that auger. Most small engine shops will have them for that engine or you can order them directly from Strikemaster. The diaphragm and gaskets inside need replacing. The kit is about $20 or something, maybe less depending where you get it. Replace those things and it'll run like a champ. Stop using oxygenated fuel in it and you'll get a longer life on those gaskets and diaphragm.