• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Smoked Spatch chicken

I spatchocked this chicken and am going to smoke it.  Should be ready somewhere close to half time.  The key is the rub method that Boar has invented:

I had many colors to choose from, pink, red, bright orange, yellow, but settled on green like Boar.  Spray Krylon on meat and then apply rub immediately so its sticks to the paint.   I've found Rust O Leum to be a little too thick.  I did have some of the As Seen on TV Flex Seal but that seemed over kill.

Smoke at 250 for a few hours until paint completely melts off and coats bottom of smoker and heating element.  You will know when the smoker smokes a greenish/blue thick haze and then after a while quits emitting any toxic odor.

image.jpeg

Edited by leechlake

250 degrees 1:45-2 hours. It looks kind of burnt in photo but it isn't.  I didn't brine but it would be even better but plenty juicy as is. 

I'm all for crispness, ya it's the juicy part that would concern me. But then again prob no different than throwing a bunch of thighs on.I'll try this this week. Just gotta figure out how to split it..:D

Edited by bobberineyes

cut the backbone out, you can use a meat cleaver, cut the skin so you can see it better.

I'm sure your wife did it to you years ago like mine did to me...she can help you.  Whoaaaaa!!!  It's my wedding anniversary tomorrow, 19 years of my spine gone.  Dec 7 Anniversary and Sept 11 wife's birthday. Easy to remember.