• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How does navionics work?

mrpike1973

Hi guys my wife has a smart phone or one that has the internet on it. I'm electronic deficient. A guy showed me his phone the other day showed me a map of the lake I was on and right where we were. how does this work is it real expensive thought i could buy it and put on my wifes phone. do you pay extra so say I'm lake x and I want to be in 10 feet of water will it show my location of where I am thanks for the help just dont understand how this works thanks

It is only $10 for the US maps, the only time you will need to pay more is if you want maps of non US areas. I use navionics all the time and love it. It uses the GPS on your phone to show where you are on the lake. Most of the time it is spot on, and on rare occasions it is off by a couple yards, but it gets you in the general area you want to be in.

Its very nice and inexpensive under $15 from iTunes or Google Play. The nice thing is that once you install it, if you get a new phone it will go with you to the next phone since its synched up to the account, not the phone.

There are no additional annual fees, doesn't cost anything else to use.

It is certainly worth the money. I have been using it for many years and it has helped greatly.

On Navonics, how do you save your spots so that other people can't see it? Also, how so you have it navigate you to a certain spot on the lake?

In the Settings menu turn OFF the Community Edits and Share Tracks options.

Search your lake, find the spot on the lake you want to fish, put a "marker pin" on that spot, hit the Start button to "go to"