• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish finder preference

WalleyeSlayer21

I also have a Bird 35. If I would do it again, I would get the 45 or 55. I miss having some kind of backlighting for the depth and the fact that the 45 and 55 have more power and at least one of them comes with a cover that retails for nearly $50. With all that said, it isn't half bad, considering what I paid for it and the dual freq. transducer. No problems with it so far.

Are we gonna start this again? Somebody's bored!

Hey give him a break, he's only posted 11 times and may not have seen the long threads from years past about how the old Vex FL18 is the best fish finder ever made! grin

Hey give him a break, he's only posted 11 times and may not have seen the long threads from years past about how the old Vex FL18 is the best fish finder ever made! grin

I agree with Leech, no....not the 18 part.......lol ..... but give the guy a break....almost every subject has been beaten down like a dead horse wink Any flasher no matter the brand/model is going to put you on a different level as compared to without having one..... as compared to the level difference between the the various flashers. I picked up a used old school versa showdown without the updates, last year for the kidlet, for less than a hundred bucks, that has been my new go to, because he always grabs mine because he thinks it is better because I catch more fish than him........

I would say the Marcum LX series sonars. I don't have one but sure wish I did. Quiet, easy to read, heated display. I've seen old Pro's with Vexilars that still have a hard time figuring out how deep they are. Absolutely no problem or hassle to figure out depth of fish or bottom with a flat screen sonar. I use an old Lowrance LMS but it has no heated screen so it works best in the heated portable. For hole hopping I use a Showdown which is so easy my 8 year old nephew learned how to use it within an hour.