• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Choice of Portable fish houses

Riptide

Question

10 answers to this question

I second the motion on the Otter. Got mine last year and it seemed like I even did more fishing. Load it up, slap it on the back of the wheeler and your gone. The canvas and the sled itself is very heavy duty. I was tired of sitting on the 5 gal. bucket so this year I manufactured a swivel seat frame that mounts right to the sled.

I have a Fish Trap II and I love it. I've had it since '96. It's still going strong.

The only real difference from a Fish Trap and the others is Fish Trap come with seats. These are nice because its one less thing you need to remember to bring when goin
fishing.
Frabil and Eskimo both offer seats but you have to buy them, which in my eyes is a ripoff, but then again I'm on a tight budget.

We also have an Otter (the Lodge to be exact) and love it. If you want to go all out even more Canvas Craft in Anoka used to make the Otter houses and still make similar versions but you can get them with the thinsulate material sandwiched in between two pieces of canvas. It's a little spendy though but if you want warmth it's the way to go. They are either blue or black on the outside and a off white color on the inside which helps because you don't need much light to make it bright in there. We have an 8x8 portable with that material and it's the best thing we ever bought. Just my opinion.

-------------

Hey! Your bobbers gone! shocked.gif

Fishn'Lady

[This message has been edited by Fishn'Lady (edited 12-10-2002).]

I have version of the Fish Trap II and I haven't had any complaints. I built my own bench system and customized it a bit. Thinking about buying a Fish Trap Pro next year though. Need something a little more portable for when I'm alone.

Good Fishin, Matt.

I also have a Frabill XLT Twin. The bench is nice, can fish 3 people out of it. The artic armor fabric is superior compared to others. It might be heavier then other fish houses. But its well buit and will last you a while. The sled pulls very easily compared to a otter also. Steel conduit tubing instead of aluminum like others. At the least to say I like mine allot and wouldnt trade it for a different one

I use the voyager for mobility and like it, Also think that Frabil's twin unit is very nice and will really hold up. Otter is great too, but very heavy so you have to pick what you want. I do think that Icearmor is most durable of the covers on the market, but I am all really impressed with frabil's covers.