• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trout Photo Gallery

Driftless

anna25erearly.jpg

Anna *spinner* Harris with her biggest brown to date. We measured the mark on the net after we released it. It measured a hair over 25 inches. It was caught on reads creek. It was caught on a panther martin deluxe size 9.

bobtiger1.jpg

Bob Skoronski with his 5th tiger trout ever while fishing with me.

Bob caught it on a worm and is a strict catch and release angler.

Bob was the team offensive captain for Super Bowl I and II for the Green Bay Packers and was a mainstay of the packers line from 1953 to 1968. Bob was there when the packers won 5 NFL championships before there was a Super Bowl. Bob was on the field during the Ice Bowl QB sneak.

all of these pics are from the vermillion river:

1000034.jpg

1000035w.jpg

1000036.jpg

1000037v.jpg

1000040t.jpg

img1122i.jpg

this picture was taken on my first day open-water fishing of 2009...it was feb. 16th:

img1465.jpg

this picture brings up a funny memory:

img1543.jpg

thats me in the foreround, i got 8 trout that day in a 2 hour session. The guy in the background was there longer than me and he only got one trout. whenever i would hook one he would say "kid, your just showing me up" lol. he was a nice guy to meet and fish with.

this is one of the trout i got that day:

trout.jpg

here are some other fish from the vermillion river....

common carp:

img1649i.jpg

white sucker:

a>

northern pike:

a>

the vermillion is a truly beautiful river, i love it

Nice photos. Eat those Northerns in the Vermillion, That big northern can eat a lot of those trout.

There's a lot of work being done on the Vermillion by The DNR and Trout Unlimited. There was a good presentation by the DNR at a recent Trout Unlimited meeting about the progress. You're right roughfish 29. It's a cool watershed that needs protection. There's going to be a lot more work done next year that will need volunteer help.