• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trout Photo Gallery

Driftless

Hi all, a few of my more memorable trout trips of this past year, all within a few hours of Winnipeg Manitoba. Cheers!

38.25" & 34" Lake Trout - Feb 09

scott38laker-1.jpg

scott34trout.jpg

Nice late ice rainbow, March 09

scott_bow.jpg

First open water bows and browns... May/June 09

IMG_1093_2.jpg

scottbow.jpg

scott_mabrown2.jpg

Last summer 09

rain2.jpg

Fall 09

2ssbow3.jpg

2ssbrown.jpg

2ssshammu.jpg

Welcome to the board Scott and thanks for your post. So many large trout!

This one is a favorite. Incredible coloration on that rainbow. Love how his cheek is bright apple red. Would make a great magazine cover. How did you catch this guy?

scott_bow.jpg

Thanks! We had a great time on that trip, brought up 18 bows over 20"... we used a small bait hook with some Berkley power maggots and/or minnow head... with a small split shot about 18" up. Very, very light jigging.... about 6ft of water.

LakeBrownLensz.jpg

Ted Kirkpatrick and I hit a trib to the Big Lakes today. Ted was using a Center pin with spawn sacs and I was throwing spinner. The first cast with my trusty Mepps See Best I had a hook up with a sweet steelhead hen right near shore. That was about a 5 second deal. I guess the steelie to be about 30 inches. I was really bummed and Ted directed me where I should cast next. About 5 turns of my Shimano Stradic 4000 later my 11 foot rod was bent in half . The battle seemed to take forever and the trout wouldn't come off the bottom. It was running up the left bank and bouncing in to huge jagged rock trying to get away. I finally got the female lake run brown under control and Ted netted it for me.