• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Federal Duck stamp reminder!!!!

Don't forget your Federal Duck stamp Early goose hunters and your early/late season Goose validation for that matter also!

I'm heading to the post office now to get the actual $15 Duck stamp.

Another option is to get the Electronic validation at any ELS station which is good for 45 days or until they mail you the stamp in 7-10 days....$17 if you go that route!

Good Luck ALL and be safe!

Don't forget your Federal Duck stamp Early goose hunters and your early/late season Goose validation for that matter also!

I'm heading to the post office now to get the actual $15 Duck stamp.

Another option is to get the Electronic validation at any ELS station which is good for 45 days or until they mail you the stamp in 7-10 days....$17 if you go that route!

Good Luck ALL and be safe!

I was readin the regs and need a clarification. It says we dont not need the physical Minnesota stamp on us. Do we still have to have the physical federal stamp on us while hunting?

License reads that I have purchased the federal duck stamp so I'm not going to worry, why give us any option on the federal stamp uptown, if it's in my mail I'll apply it but I'm not concerned about having it for Saturday and I'm not running to the post office for another 17 or whatever dollar amount it is.

When stopped by Federal wardens (about 6 times in 30 years) each and everyone has asked to see the Fed duck stamp and everyone of them has verified it was signed. Federal wardens always (fall seasons) have checked to see if the gun is plugged too.

ATTENTION!

You have to have the FEDERAL STAMP with you and signed other than the 45 day grace period with the electronic option. Even then it says once received by mail "7-10 days" you MUST sign and have in possession to be legal to Waterfowl.

This is not to be confused with the STATE stamps which you do NOT have to have with you any longer.

So yes you need the Federal Stamp signed and in possession!

Here is the official press release by the US FWS:

Quote:
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service in partnership with nine state fish and wildlife agencies is implementing a three-year pilot program to make it easier for hunters, birdwatchers, stamp collectors -- and others who want to conserve our nation's wetlands -- to buy Federal Migratory Bird Hunting and Conservation Stamps, commonly known as Duck Stamps.

This new program, debuting September 1st, allows the fish and wildlife agencies of Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Maryland, Minnesota, New York, Texas, and Wisconsin, to sell stamps electronically through their individual automated licensing systems, providing a special receipt as proof of purchase. This proof of purchase -- a unique code given to the purchaser instantly -- will be accepted as evidence of a Federal Duck Stamp purchase for 45 days -- time enough for the printed stamp to arrive in the mail. Duck Stamp purchasers will now be able to buy an electronic duck stamp from these nine states' retail licensing locations, by telephone, or HSOforum. Every waterfowl hunter over the age of 16 is required to buy a Federal Duck Stamp in order to hunt waterfowl. In addition, Federal Duck Stamps provide free entry into any national wildlife refuge in the country that charges an entrance fee.

The electronic proof of purchase will both fulfill the requirement for waterfowl hunters to possess the stamp, and allow visitors to National Wildlife Refuges gain free access. After the 45 days, the proof of purchase will expire and the purchasers must possess the paper stamp to receive its full benefit.

The Federal Duck Stamp is currently available at most major sporting good stores selling hunting and fishing licenses, select post offices and online through the U.S. Postal Service and AMPLEX, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's Duck Stamp fulfillment center.

"This pilot program explores one way to improve service to duck stamp purchasers, in particular those from rural or remote areas," said U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service director, H. Dale Hall. "We are always looking for new ways to better serve the public, and enhance wetland conservation."

Be careful here, what if you are heading over to the Dakotas and your stamp has not arrived? ... hopefully Fed wardens and state COs in the Dakotas will understand the e-verification ... I try never assume anything and will stopping by the local post office this afternoon.

FYI --- you dont actually need the stamp anymore. the electronic one is a legal license.

You still need to have the federal stamp in hand after the 45 days.

After the 45 days, the proof of purchase will expire and the purchasers must possess the paper stamp to receive its full benefit.