• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

muskie lake list

Quinn

Could anyone tell me if there is a HSOforum either by the dnr or a private party that has a list of all the lakes in mn that are stocked with muskies or naturally have them in them?

Page 18 to 20 of the DNR's long range management plan has maps of all native musky lakes in the state as well as lakes that have been stocked.

http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/fish_wildlife/fisheries/plans/muskiepike_2020.pdf

If you go to the Brainerd Muskies, Inc. HSOforum, there is a page on there that shows stocking data in the state. This data goes back to 1998 and is current through 2008. I entered all of this data myself and I believe it is the complete list of all stocking that has been done by the DNR during this time frame. There have been various private stocking efforts in the state that are not reflected there due to not having that information available.

Aaron

It should be noted that while the index listing muskellunge waters in the long range plan is extensive, it is not a total list. For example, Stone Lake in Carver County has been stocked with muskies to serve as a rearing pond and it is not listed. This may be due to a lack of a public access on the lake, but I am not one to say for sure. AWH did have Stone Lake listed on record of stocked lakes, though.

does stone lake have any nice skies left in it? actually i have several questions about stone lake so here goes. When was the last time it was used? Is it still used? How long was it used? Is it just tiger muskies? Where could i put my canoe in at? anyway i know thats alot of info to ask for ecspecially if it was someones hidden gem, lol. Maybe someone could direct me in the way of a dnr office phone number that could help me find out, anyways thanks.

Hey PC's,

I looked into stone a couple years ago but have only ice fished it once (nothing). Legally, you can access from highway 7 where a creek comes into the lake but the closest parking we could find is all the way up at the park access on tonka. There are only tigers and I'd have to re-lookup the data but i thinkif i remember right they last did a stocking in 2000 so there's a chance some tigers have made it 9 yrs. I think most tigers only live 8?

Zelmsdawg

My curiousity was peaked so I had to look again.

Guess in 06 they netted one 8lb fish so they could still be in there. It sounds like they aren't going to put muskies in there anymore because of too many green sunfish or something.

Zelmsdawg

yea i know but its a long shot at best, many travel the cannon river, i caught a 46 incher in the cannon river fishing for sunnies. I also saw a low 40,s spearing on sahkatah lake during last years low oxygen period, my buddy andrew almost lanced em with the spear but ive seen many muskies through the ice back in the minnetonka spearing days and new better.