Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JRedig

Muskie guys meet n greet?

16 posts in this topic

So in a thread a few weeks ago I mentioned a GTG on the St. Croix and a few people showed interest.

So, look at your calendars, anybody free over the next 3 weekends in August? We won't be able to please everyone but we'll try and pick a good date.

I was thinking of making a day of it, hoping for cooler/cloudy weather to drive the big boats away. Get out there and fish early and then meet up under the 94 bridge or close around 9-10am and meet/compare notes.

Thoughts?

I'm probably game but I know for sure I wouldn't be able to make the weekend of the 22nd...will be up in BWCA so i would't really cry if i miss it.

Zelmsdawg

Ok, i'm leaning towards this saturday, the 15th. Weather looks to be nice so i'll be hitting it EARLY and leaving by 10am or so, can't pay me to stay on that river past that time.

JRedig - where do you launch that you can get on EARLY???

My buddies b-day party is Friday night and if we find a sitter it could be a long night, if not and the crib midgets are with it will be an early night, so I can neither confirm nor deny my participation at this point.

RU

I'd be available Sat. if someone has an open seat. I have my own gear, I just don't know the river or where to start so I'd leave my boat at home.

I've got a pass for the bluffs launch and i'm usually sitting at the gate an hour before it opens. Twice i've gotten in early doing that...heh.

You can go to Windmill or whatever it's called in Afton. They don't open till 6 or something but you can pay when you take out. I've always got there before anybody's working. It's a little steep on the weekends. $20 I think. That's almost more than some tournaments!

Looks like I can't make it on the 15th, but maybe another time this year or next. Good luck out there.

I can do that. Brent, you can jump in with me if you want, I'll be launching in Stillwater but I can meet ya under the bridge whenever. Most of my spots are down that way anyhow.

J, if it falls through I'd stop and say hi out on white bear too.

Meet N Greet... on the water of off the water, doesn't matter to me. smile I'm busy this weekend or I'd try and hop in someone's boat. Maybe getting out of Cjac's boat will be the ticket to success. grin Sorry buddy, had to go there. wink I'm always game for a [PoorWordUsage] session at perennial fave, Decoy's in WBL as well.

Ok, ran into some boat problems last night, not sure if I can make this work. It's just trolling motor battery issues, but between two dead batteries and a dead onboard charger, it's a steep price to fix. I'll know more after a cabela's run for lunch today...

EDIT: Skip cabela's, found a steal of a price for a new onboard charger from dual pro in their reconditioned items, so hopefully they'll ship it fast enough that I can use it...so maybe this will still happen!

I've been doing quite well at catching fish every time you're NOT in my boat, so you being unavailable may be a good thing!

<----- Like the new pic of the pup!

Boom site is closed and I don't want to go access hunting at 4:30 am - I say we put it off for a few weeks.

Can do, i've got a lot on my plate all the sudden and it's gonna be a zoo this weekend...September should be awesome out there!

Marc, shoot me an email. birdmanmt at gmail dot com

I agree. Lets put this off for a couple weeks. I can't make it out this sat. either.