• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cowboy Action Shooting

My Dad is an avid "cowboy shooter" so I went to one of his shoots yesterday. I didn't realize how much I've been missing the past few years. For those that don't know, the participants must have a cowboy alias, and they must wear authentic clothes. It's a lot of fun to see everyone in their costumes and here them call each other by their cowboy names. Here's a few shots from the day. I'll excuse myself by saying that they were shot in noon sun and no shade except for the shade from the hats they were wearing.

#1 Beauford on the right, not sure of the left side cowboy

pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=1088.jpg

#2 Dad(Duffy)

pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=1089.jpg

#3 River Boat Red

pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=1090.jpg

#4 Dear old Duffy running out with the loot!

pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=1091.jpg

#5 Not sure on name but he was the only kilt wearer.

pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=1092.jpg

The second image says everything that needs to be said about the romance of the Old West. Minus the wedding ring and the Sturm-Ruger emblem, of course. gringrin

Really nice work!

It took a lot of man to wear a dress back in those days in Early America. I've known a few Scots who were tough enough to give the knee to any other guy who thought it was cool to try to capture an "upkilt" shot. gringrin

Thanks Everyone for the comments! At first it was a little frustrating because I was trying to capture the old west look and you could always notice the sunglasses and ear plugs. Finally, I just decided to capture it for what it was, a lot of fun. The second is hands down my favorite and I'll be entering that one in the county fair.

Thanks again for looking and commenting!