• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

removing pennies from PS3

fishuhalik

My 3 year old son stuck a bunch of pennies in my PS3. Anybody know what's my best course of action? I can't open it or I'll void the warrenty, but it doesn't do any good to send it in cuz obviously foreign objects aren't covered in the warrenty.

Anyone on here know how if, once I get in, taking the disc drive apart is very complex?

I found some instructions, but I was more looking for personal experience. I don't know very much about electronics, so I'm just wondering if I take it apart, should I be able to get it back together? I guess I'm just a little nervous about taking stuff apart after I couldn't get my 10/22 back together after I tore it down. smile

I have taken apart a PS2 before, not too hard. If you are talking about taking apart the actual drive, that's not a good thing. You probably won't get it to work again. I would see if you can just buy a new drive for it.

My kids put crackers in our old VCR that hasn't been used in about 3 years, so that was no big deal. About a year ago they did scratch the screen on my flatscreen LCD TV with some plastic tools. I was frustrated, but what do you do? At least you can only see the scratches with the TV off or with a totally white background. It kind of reminds me of the stuff i used to pull on my parents.

Kids and pets are very hard on things. My wife and I always say "you just can't have anything nice anymore". Is it worth it? Heck yea, so you put up with some stuff getting beat up. Small trade off for having your life enriched with children and/or pets. It is frustrating though when they damage something spendy, you just have to learn to live with it.

My kids put crackers in our old VCR that hasn't been used in about 3 years, so that was no big deal. About a year ago they did scratch the screen on my flatscreen LCD TV with some plastic tools. I was frustrated, but what do you do? At least you can only see the scratches with the TV off or with a totally white background. It kind of reminds me of the stuff i used to pull on my parents.

The night I bought our 42" LCD, my youngest wrote on the screen with an ink pen. 99% of it was ok, but there was a small scratch. Can't see it when the TV is on

Ny luck with the PS3 Fishahlik?

I started digging into it a couple of nights ago at my buddy's place, but didn't get close to done. I'll let you know when I finish up. It's sitting on his ping-pong table right now.