• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

weather and time of day

Powder

For me, its not as much what weather is most productive as in fish biting as what type makes me more productive. If its super windy and I can't hold the boat or stay on the spot the fish can be hitting whatever moves and it wouldn't matter at all.

I know some guys love the wind because it might concentrate fish and make them more aggressive and while I don't disagree, I prefer calmer days where I can follow weedlines or breaks more precisely and think then that I'm more productive. Plus I think I'm a better fisherman when I'm not frustrated or cursing at the trolling motor, waves, oncoming rocks, etc...

Zelmsdawg

cloudy/overcast sunrise. I couldn't really comment on fishing at sunrise until this morning, but it was nice. Had a nice fish follow the 8 for 3 or 4 go arounds until it swiped at it and missed and then swam off.

I also like when it's so cloudy midday that it looks like it's 8 oclock at 3 in the afternoon.

Depends on the lake as many seem to have their own trends. I like fishing Mille Lacs after a storm. Pre-storm and big winds don't seem to do much for me out there.

I like Alex and Sham before a big storm. I've seen so many times when they go nuts prior to, but after the storm, you can't get one to move.

I've also done really well on Alex in a big wind.

Most lakes have a good night bite some time during the month.

Just got back from several days on LOTW. The weather was all over the place. Southwest wind. Front. Lightning. Northwest wind. North wind. No matter... we caught fish in the same places, at the same time, and with the same lures every day. I LOVE patterns!

Probably my favorite time to fish though is the time surrounding moonrise.