Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slopmaster

reel trouble

5 posts in this topic

Well i went to clean my reel today its a Revo S. Decided that since im going on vacation for the next week i should clean it up so it works like new. I went to put it back together and now it wont stop free spooling and i cant get the thumb bar to snap back tight so the line wont stop comming out. Also when i tighten my drag it tightens how hard my handle cranks. So when my drag is all the way tight my handle practically wont turn, but when my drag is loose then my handle turns just fine. I compared it to the other revo s that i just got done cleaning and everything looks to be the same and the other one works just fine. Anyone have any ideas as to what i did wrong? like i said i did it to two of them and the other one works like new so i compared them and honestly i cant see what i did different. I leave today so hopefully someone will shoot me an idea.

thanks for any advice.

Based on personal experience from my thumbar Ambassadeurs, you have to go back in and adjust something with the thumbar. I can't describe it better than that because it is such a small adjustment. I think something on the sideplate (handle side) not paring up to the rod piece of the thumbar. Hope that helps. Sorry for the lack of tech terms grin

Trails End Bass Pro Shop in Fridley on Hwy 65 has a reel repair shop. Not sure the hours on their repair business, but you could call them or stop in to see if they can help you out.

Good luck!

I think Prov1900 got it right. Ive had it happen on reels, too. Its an easy fix just hard to explain.

Quote:
I think Prov1900 got it right. Ive had it happen on reels, too. Its an easy fix just hard to explain.

Ditto.

Take it apart just like you did before but this time make sure the thumb bar stays in the up position when you reassemble it.

How do you like your Revo S? I have one and got a free food saver. Sweet! I haven't used the food saver but I like the reel. I like it because it isn't over engineered and is smooth! I may have to move it over to my 7foot med/fast rod for a while because it is on a crankbait rod and I haven't been throwing crankbaits much this year and I want to see just how good it is. It's just that my old green Curado 200 casts Flukes so well.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I think you, or the person at Ace, meant "Sheet metal". That's what they're used for....sheet metal and HVAC work. They have a self-tapping thread. Look on your furnace where the sheet-metal ducting is fastened...bingo!   Also called "sheet metal screws".  
    • Reminds me of a memorable morning at our place when  THREE male's landed on a front picture window ledge and just sat there for a few minutes looking in.  What a glorious sight!  They were likely just moving through because we do not see them during a normal summer. In fact this summer we have noticed a decline in many species; no bluebirds at all, only a couple doves, fewer swallows, not as many wrens (but still plenty of them) and for the first time a pair of cowbirds. Normal mornings are like a symphony around here just about daybreak.
    • forgot I made this post, I fished a lake here in SD last weekend that has a sunken road way and bridge completely submerged. Its gotten to the point the concrete has fallen apart under water but you can still see most of the structure in tact but also some rebar etc.   I wanted to get a screen capture but as usual that exact spot was popular and already occupied with other boats playing bumper boats to anchor and fish near and I didn't want to intrude on their fishing space just for a picture. 
    • Good post and discussion. I'm convinced not more than 10%, and that might be stretching it and I include myself in the 90%, know how to use their equipment. Every fishing site is loaded with similar posts.
    • I looked everywhere for the screws in the first post and nobody knew what I was talking about till I went to Ace, where I should have gone first. They are actually considered a sheetrock screw! I can't see any use for them with sheetrock but I was told it was because of the coating on them. I have a beat up old trailer house at hunting camp and they are perfect for putting warped metal siding back together and super sharp like a self piercing screw. Sometimes they are called gutter screws too. The hex ones do work great for boots and four wheeler tires.  
    • I liked Lavine too, but coming off ACL surgery you get the feeling that he will lose some of that explosiveness that made him fun to watch.
    • And remember, turkey is not pork and doesn't benefit from high internal temperatures.   It dries out if overcooked.  160 is plenty, maybe even a little less. 
    • Also, turkey doesn't need to be "low and slow" to get to be tender. Crank the heat to 250+ if you like. I've had the smaller breasts done in just 2 1/2 to 3 hrs. FWIW, I just rub it down with olive oil and apply your favorite rub.  If injecting at all, Creole Butter is a nice, quick, easy option. Apple mixed with cherry or hickory are my favorite woods to use.    
    • Well, that was interesting! The same trade that would have been good last year is seemingly brilliant this year. Butler immediately shores up our defense and creates additional scoring for this young, suddenly legitimate team. Great move to start the new year, and a good draft prospect at #16 to boot. While I do like Lavine, we seemed to do a bit better with him sidelined which is not an indictment on his talent, but rather proof that he didn't quite fit our scheme. All in all, this was about as lopsided a trade as I can think of and we should be pretty darn happy with the return we got!
  • Our Sponsors