• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

reel trouble

slopmaster

Well i went to clean my reel today its a Revo S. Decided that since im going on vacation for the next week i should clean it up so it works like new. I went to put it back together and now it wont stop free spooling and i cant get the thumb bar to snap back tight so the line wont stop comming out. Also when i tighten my drag it tightens how hard my handle cranks. So when my drag is all the way tight my handle practically wont turn, but when my drag is loose then my handle turns just fine. I compared it to the other revo s that i just got done cleaning and everything looks to be the same and the other one works just fine. Anyone have any ideas as to what i did wrong? like i said i did it to two of them and the other one works like new so i compared them and honestly i cant see what i did different. I leave today so hopefully someone will shoot me an idea.

thanks for any advice.

Based on personal experience from my thumbar Ambassadeurs, you have to go back in and adjust something with the thumbar. I can't describe it better than that because it is such a small adjustment. I think something on the sideplate (handle side) not paring up to the rod piece of the thumbar. Hope that helps. Sorry for the lack of tech terms grin

Trails End Bass Pro Shop in Fridley on Hwy 65 has a reel repair shop. Not sure the hours on their repair business, but you could call them or stop in to see if they can help you out.

Good luck!

Quote:
I think Prov1900 got it right. Ive had it happen on reels, too. Its an easy fix just hard to explain.

Ditto.

Take it apart just like you did before but this time make sure the thumb bar stays in the up position when you reassemble it.

How do you like your Revo S? I have one and got a free food saver. Sweet! I haven't used the food saver but I like the reel. I like it because it isn't over engineered and is smooth! I may have to move it over to my 7foot med/fast rod for a while because it is on a crankbait rod and I haven't been throwing crankbaits much this year and I want to see just how good it is. It's just that my old green Curado 200 casts Flukes so well.