• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ICAST Best In show

Deitz Dittrich

So, all the new stuff comes out mid summer for us.. feels kinda weird.. anyway, here are the awards given at ICAST.

ICAST Best of Show Products

By ttnews | July 15th, 2009

Best of Show Freshwater Reels - Shimano Stradic CI4

Best of Show Saltwater Reels - Daiwa Saltist Lever Drag

Best of Show Terminal Tackle - Better Bait company circle hook rig

Best of Show Saltwater Rod - GLoomis PGR8825 Sweet inshore rod

Best of Show Freshwater Rod - Camo Stix by USA custom rods

Best of Show Tackle Management - Plano Liqua-Bait Locker System

Best of Show Marine - Hobie Cat Hobie Mirage Pro Kayak - Winning Overall Best of Show

Best of Show Hard Lure - Sebile Spin Shad.

Best of Show Soft Lure - Sebile Magic Swimmer Soft Pro

Best of Show Electronics - Lowrance HDS 10 system

Best of Show Giftwear - Mastering Mini Lanterns

Best of Show Fishing Accessories - Durasafe Combo locks

Best of Show Combo - Pflueger Arbor Combo

Best of Show Line - Berkley Trilene TransOptic

Best of Show Apparel - Cablz eyewear straps

Best of Show Eyewear - Costa Del Mar Zane Sunglasses

ON a side note, I saw that shimano is making a new crankbait rod series in the Cumara line.. I cant wait to get one of those in my hands.

Best of Show... costs money to be entered into the category... very political and not necessarily "best" of anything so take the results with a grain of salt. Some are interesting, though.

Hiya -

kg2's right - to an extent anyhow. You get a lot of encouragement/arm twisting to go vote for BOS when you're there. Most often though the stuff that wins is pretty first rate.

Sure looks like Sebile's making some tracks there this year. For a company that really only popped on the radar two years ago they're sure getting well known. Rightfully so though - they have some very very innovative products.

This is the first year in maybe the last 8 or so that I haven't made it to ICAST. Miss seeing all the new stuff. Do NOT miss the heat. They moved it from Las Vegas (117 there one year while I was there.) to Orlando - heat AND humidity. Tough on us midwesterners...

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

I managed to get a couple Sebiles in a fundraiser raffle earlier this week. I picked them out of the pile...recognized them from the feature in F&S. I'm guessing they aren't cheap. A blood red stick shadd and a magic swimmer.