• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Appleton OHV Park

ac777

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i dont know who all is planning on going to Appleton tomorrow but since i cant find anyone else to go i might fly solo down there just to check it out and see what its all about so if anyone else is going let me know maybe ill be able to meet up with you i just got the urge to go riding tomorrow.

Heres the scoop. The old park is closed, looks to be all of it.

Pretty much all of the new park is open including both of the new parking lots. There are some water hazards in the new part and a few that are closed due to deep water.

Lots of people out there today and she was starting to get dusty by the time that I left.

pulsar_nx's got it right. Sucks that the old part is closed. We were there from 2pm till dark and it was really dusty and there were tons of people there...until the game warden showed up. He handed out a bunch of tickets to people who were riding 2 up with kids. Make sure you are following all the rules. We talked to him and he thinks the old part should be open in a couple weeks as long as we don't get any big rains.

Went on saturday and had a great time. Watch out though some of those holes are DEEP! Had a problem with the seat wanting to float off and my storage box on top of the rack filling with water but other than that the Grizzly ran like a champ all day!

This place sounds like a good one to hit. I see alot of statements of sections being closed due to too deep of water. What is too deep? Saw a mention of the trails under 12" of water and closed. Pretty shallow to be closed. My bikes are setup for mud(31" Outlaws) mostly but have some stock tires for the Renegade.

Anyone heading here this weekend? Looks to be about 150 miles from me in Big Lake....

We are headed out there at least one day. If I get my way Friday evening, Saturday and Monday. There a lot of water, but the main reason i've heard it is closed is because the emergency road is under water and they wouldn't be able to get an ambulance in.