• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Appleton OHV Park

ac777

I drive a 650 kawasaki brute force!

25318_325154057507_503417507_340332.jpg

aaaaa.jpg

Appleton has alot of trails to ride with alot of different terrain! There is an area that is sand and hills, an area that is woodland, a swamp area to ride in water, a few good mud pits, and a motorcross track that is alot of fun to ride mainly cause it has some fun jumps and is made of black dirt so this time of year it is bound to be really really muddy!!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they usually stay open when its this wet or do they close?? Its one of the only trails ive found that are open that arent a month away and well im looking to test out my new toy its a 06 King Quad 700EFI but it sounds like i might need some mud tires and a change of clothes ha ha

Hey if they are still open on March 27th Who Else wants to go lets just get a bunch of people out there I dont know it sounds like a good time to me. Ill be the slow one in the group getting used to my machine

Awesome do you think they will be open its only one more week?? I just pulled me King Quad home Yesterday and Got a new 14ft Trailer to pull it down to the park now i am just going to test it out today and make sure its running good and try and get used to it So hopfully ill see you out there

I hope they are open this saturday Because i am ready to ride i got new set of Vision Buckshot 158 Wheels on the way and a new set of Kenda Bearclaw tires hopefully they work good i took the King Quad out for a Cruise the other day got it up to 72 and backed out LOL this thing hauls for a 4wd and well gr8icefishinmind maybe ill see you out there ill post a picture of my suzuki when i get the wheels and tires on so you know what to look for Hopefully some more people will be out there too

Well i went down To TriCounty Atv Park on Saturday and well its basically an old Gavel Pit so if you like to climb hills thats a good place to go we did find a few mud holes that we played in and well now the king is filthy and I ended up cracking the plastic on the front bumper and somewhere along the lines i am having isues with my front brakes now they dont work worth a darn and the fluid res is about 1/4 but i cant see any leaks so i dont know what to do now but it sure was fun. The guy i went with ended up taking his BigBear 400 and joined the upside down club and another guy with a 700Twin Polaris did him one better on the upside down culb rolled it about 9times down the hill but all in all nobody got hurt thank god for helmets.

For anyone looking to go to Appleton, I drove by there tonight and it is still closed. From the looks of it, it will be a while before it's open. The trails appear to be under at least a foot of water.

Yep, i drivwe by there twice a week and still lots of water! Although there usually is alot of water in the park, there is more than usual! Normally the water spots are fender high and right now i would guess that most of the water spots would be deeper than a fourwheeler!! Ugh.....i hope it drains out soon, i'm anxious to get out there and raise hell!!!

Well i emailed the State of ND on trying to set somthing up around the Eastern part of ND and well this is the responce i got.

Thanks for the email. We are currently working with Fargo Park District on a possible park area just west of the landfill on N. 45th street. It would be a good starter sight for both OHV use and snowmobile use in the winter time as well as a great training facility for youth safety courses. Once we get that worked out, we would ask for input from the riding enthusiasts in the state for what they would like to see in a riding park. The riding opportunities in the Sheyenne National Grasslands are up in the air with the Travel Management Plan. They are still allowing motorized use on the Little Missouri National Grasslands in Medora area so we are hoping that will follow suit. We also acquired land in the Pembina Gorge in NE part of state and are hoping to start flagging trail routes next week if weather cooperates. Then in the Turtle Mountains, we are working on the land management agreement with ND Forest Service to take over a section of land and utilize it for OHV trails as well. Please feel free to call me with any questions or other suggestions and we can discuss this more. Thanks for your interest in OHV’ing in North Dakota and wanting to help! Please let me know if you have any ideas on other areas for a trials and parks and what you would like to see in a park we need your help

Sincerely,

So if anyone has any ideas or thoughts let me know and ill get them off to him but i was thinking it would be nice to have a trail that went from the SD border to wahpeton along the Bois de Sioux River and then From Wahpeton up to Fargo Along the Red river and then From Wahpeton to Fergus Falls along the Ottertail River

i was thinking it would be nice to have a trail that went from the SD border to wahpeton along the Bois de Sioux River and then From Wahpeton up to Fargo Along the Red river and then From Wahpeton to Fergus Falls along the Ottertail River

That would be great but thats ALL farm land, so its not going to happen. I grew up in Breckenridge, there are alot of good places to ride along the Boise de Sioux and ottertail but they are all in private areas.

Yeah i live in Wahpeton and well were semi limited to where we can ride but it would be a nice trail from Fergus to Breckenridge and well i dunno maybe they could do like they do with sled trails and hold banquets and what not to support the cost of the trails or something im not sure how it all works but it was just a few ideas that i thought would be fun to try and put out there and maybe get something started if i got enough people interested