• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where to shoot?

in shakopee, as you head across the river to 212, there is a outdoor range to your left as you cross the river. I beleive you have to go through the boat landing and under the bridge in your vehicle to access that area....looks like they have 8 0r 9 stations

yes it is free. it is thanks to a wildlife trustfund. i believe it used to be an old ball park or something like that. nice setting, lots of room, big targets. they even have sod set out to practice your broadheads. they even have a target out to 100 yards, if ya feel like losing an arrow mad

The "Ponds Park" in PL had a small archery range last year by the baseball diamonds, and I do mean small, if I remember correctly it was like 3 stations. Park by the baseball diamonds and it was like a 500 foot walk.

Troy if you bring it to work with you there is a cool little outdoor range there in EP. It is open air but has walls and 10 to I think 40yds. I have never ran into anyone there either always had the place to myself.

if its the one in starring park or something like that, it is a nice one. however, for me it is a 20 minute drive, at least, and i've gone there a few times to find it was closed for the evening for kids archery classes. bummer for me, but great for them!

in shakopee, as you head across the river to 212, there is a outdoor range to your left as you cross the river. I beleive you have to go through the boat landing and under the bridge in your vehicle to access that area....looks like they have 8 0r 9 stations

The one in Shakopee sounds a lot nicer, but there is also a small outdoor FREE range in chaska in the park on the opposite side of the pond fron the Fireman's park.

There is a place to shoot in Savage off of Glendale. I think the park is called Hidden Valley. It's not nearly as nice as the EP range but it's a place to shoot. They have a couple hay bails and I think you have enough room to shoot up to 40. There's also a range behind the dodge dealership off of 35W and Cliff road. I think that one has 5 stations and you can shoot up to 60 I believe.

I now this would be a bit of a drive for you. But one of the best bow shooting facilities I've ever been a part of. Coon Rapids Archery club. Check out there web page see for your self. If you ever golfed before then you will love there walk around ranges. Just like a game of gulf. Take some friends make a day of it. Pick-nick table for lunch and all the shooting you can do. Only $3.00 for the day. You will have your choice of four different areas to shoot at. A lot of great people shoot there.

Have some fun.

http://www.rapidsarchery.org/index.html

MK