Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Craigums

Pizza Dough Mix

9 posts in this topic

Anybody know a good Pizza Dough Mix brand? Im looking for some easy way to make pizza dough quickly without having to let it sit

I've use a quick dough recipe that is pretty good.

If I remember correctly its 2 cups of flour, 2/3 or 3/4 cup of warm water, 1 packet of yeast and I think 1/4 tsp of salt.

I'd have to double check those measurements.

Essentially all you do is put the packet of yeast into the warm water until dissolved. Then take that and dump it into a bowl with your flour and salt and mix it all up.

Dump the dough on floured surface and knead it for 5 minutes or until its good and elastic. Then shape it into a ball.

Set it on a plate and cover it with plastic wrapped that you spray with cooking spray. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes.

After that short rise time you're good to go. Makes 1 large pizza good for 2 adults.

Craigums, I just use the Great Value ones from Wally World. They're like 44 cents/bag. I use them for my Pizzas on the grill. You do need to let the dough rise for ~5 minutes, personally I let it go a longer as I have other things that need to be done during that time. The yeast must be allowed to work on the flour to make glutin. Just curious, Is there a reason you can't wait for the dough to rise?? Or just that hungry? grin Phred52

You really don't have a choice about letting the dough rise as it's the nature of the beast. You need to let the yeast grow and eat the sugars in the dough giving off carbon dioxide making the dough rise.

Then working the dough aligns the gluten protiens in the flour giving it the stretchy consistency. Pizza dough you work, biscuit dough you don't as you want that fluffy.

I don't mind waiting for 5-15 minutes, I just don't want to let it sit for hours, I wont be starting the recipe until after 7pm and dont want to wait all night to be finished

Mix it up the day before and refrigerate?

I wouldnt have asked for a quick recipe if I had a day to wait

I use the jiffy mix, around 50 cents. But when you put the powder in the bowl (this works for all crust mixes) add some garlic powerder, italian seasoning and basil to it. Adds a lot of flaver to crust that doesn't have a ton of it.

Give this a try ,our family use this allot and it's real easy and good.

INGREDIENTS

1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast

1 teaspoon white sugar

1 cup warm water (110 degrees F)

2 1/2 cups bread flour

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.

Stir in flour, salt and oil. Beat until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes.

Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round. Transfer crust to a lightly greased pizza pan or baker's peel dusted with cornmeal. Spread with desired toppings and bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let baked pizza cool for 5 minutes before serving.