• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Steve D shows us his Bullhead Harness (video)

DTro

Woodduck - Those are good bullheads - I've still got a few left to use tonight.

Elwood - I've tied up about 2 dozen rigs or so. I made 12 with circle hooks, 6 with standard Gamakatsu Octopus J hooks, and a few with Kahle hooks that I gave dtro to try. I've had such good luck with the circle hooks that I've just stayed with those.

Nice video guys. smile

I love the action from the bullhead when using the braid leader for this. I tried some heavy duty mono set-ups last year. I harnessed up a bully and put him into laundry tub filled up with water in my garage. I did not like how the heavy test mono restricted tail movement. He struggled hard to swim for about 2-3 minutes and then started to take breaks. grin

The braid seems to let the tail move much more free which puts less stress on the bullhead and intern they are more active longer.

Just got back in - skunked tonight. Tomorrow is my last Shootout Day but it looks like rain most of the day. The wind picked up tonight about 2300 and it is out of the south. That could complicate my fishing tomorrow.

On my circle hook Cat Bait Harness I run an 8/0 circle on the front hook and a 5/0 circle on the back hook. They work good for large bullheads.

I tied up a few with a 5/0 circle for the front hook and a 1/0 circle for the back hook for small to medium sized bullheads. I've tried those out and they work very good too. The smaller hook sizes don't seem to harm those small bullheads at all.

He already has a instructional thread...

Harness Instruction

Hmmm, on second look there are no instructions. You can easily do it if you use a snell or the much easier polamar knot. just leave yourself plenty of extra line on the tag end to tie the second hook (polamar). Otherwise Steve will have to show it snell style.

Hmmm, on second look there are no instructions. You can easily do it if you use a snell or the much easier polamar knot. just leave yourself plenty of extra line on the tag end to tie the second hook (polamar). Otherwise Steve will have to show it snell style.

Hi Pug - I'll try to put together a Cat Tip of the Day on how to tie those Cat Bait Harnesses. Maybe I can get Darren to help me and make a YouTube video of it. Either way I will try to put together a picture thing to explain it.

Steve if you get that neat camera figured out and record yourself, I'll walk you through getting the video downloaded to your PC and posted....or just fish together again soon smile

That would be cool if Steve got some video's going. Dtro's You-Tube page is what got me started and the video forum here at FM has some pretty good info in if you look back.

I love video. It is fun to learn and work with.

steve I tried you system today and the first fish that I had was a nice one it took me into a deep hole and the current was really strong then the hook poped then about ten min later I got another hit and set the hook as the video show and it was fish on baby it was only 13lbs but I think that I will use this system a bit more.