Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
DTro

Steve D shows us his Bullhead Harness (video)

that is a really simple but deadly rig steve have you tried it with any other hook styles yet or just using the circle hooks?

Woodduck - Those are good bullheads - I've still got a few left to use tonight.

Elwood - I've tied up about 2 dozen rigs or so. I made 12 with circle hooks, 6 with standard Gamakatsu Octopus J hooks, and a few with Kahle hooks that I gave dtro to try. I've had such good luck with the circle hooks that I've just stayed with those.

Nice video guys. smile

I love the action from the bullhead when using the braid leader for this. I tried some heavy duty mono set-ups last year. I harnessed up a bully and put him into laundry tub filled up with water in my garage. I did not like how the heavy test mono restricted tail movement. He struggled hard to swim for about 2-3 minutes and then started to take breaks. grin

The braid seems to let the tail move much more free which puts less stress on the bullhead and intern they are more active longer.

10/0 Gami Octi Circles!!!!!!!!!! grin

Must be an underground/blackmarket thing laugh

It looks allot like an 8/0 to me wink

Just got back in - skunked tonight. Tomorrow is my last Shootout Day but it looks like rain most of the day. The wind picked up tonight about 2300 and it is out of the south. That could complicate my fishing tomorrow.

On my circle hook Cat Bait Harness I run an 8/0 circle on the front hook and a 5/0 circle on the back hook. They work good for large bullheads.

I tied up a few with a 5/0 circle for the front hook and a 1/0 circle for the back hook for small to medium sized bullheads. I've tried those out and they work very good too. The smaller hook sizes don't seem to harm those small bullheads at all.

He already has a instructional thread...

Harness Instruction

Hmmm, on second look there are no instructions. You can easily do it if you use a snell or the much easier polamar knot. just leave yourself plenty of extra line on the tag end to tie the second hook (polamar). Otherwise Steve will have to show it snell style.

Hmmm, on second look there are no instructions. You can easily do it if you use a snell or the much easier polamar knot. just leave yourself plenty of extra line on the tag end to tie the second hook (polamar). Otherwise Steve will have to show it snell style.

Hi Pug - I'll try to put together a Cat Tip of the Day on how to tie those Cat Bait Harnesses. Maybe I can get Darren to help me and make a YouTube video of it. Either way I will try to put together a picture thing to explain it.

Steve if you get that neat camera figured out and record yourself, I'll walk you through getting the video downloaded to your PC and posted....or just fish together again soon smile

That would be cool if Steve got some video's going. Dtro's You-Tube page is what got me started and the video forum here at FM has some pretty good info in if you look back.

I love video. It is fun to learn and work with.

steve I tried you system today and the first fish that I had was a nice one it took me into a deep hole and the current was really strong then the hook poped then about ten min later I got another hit and set the hook as the video show and it was fish on baby it was only 13lbs but I think that I will use this system a bit more.