• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Play Ball!!!

The main advantage I can see is that you're not locking in the focus and exposure at the same time. Instead, you're operating them independently of each other. I'm thinking a person could uses the shutter button to lock in exposure and then use the back button to set the focus, which would be real handy if it's an almost white bird in a leafed out tree. You could set the exposure on the green leaves and then focus on the subject. I'm assuming it would work this way.

Yep, that's one scenario. They are all worth trying. And I don't mean trying for a few minutes or a single burst, but for a month or two of intense shooting. Exhaust the options your camera offers and arrive at your best choice. smilesmile

Bassnspear, it's actually Linden Park by the Rec Center. And, you're right, this is his first year of baseball and I'm very proud of the way he's doing. I'm not a baseball nut, it actually bores me to tears some times, but I love to watch him play. I still remember my first year of baseball some 30 years ago, I hope these pics help him do the same!

Great shots Mike - you and your son will appreciate them so much as he grows - and that time goes so quickly!

On another note - thanks for "hosting" the back button focusing discussion on your thread. I've read about it a number of times and took a class this spring where it was highly recommended but not actually "taught" - I've been wanting to try, but haven't been able to find a clear explanation. I know that Dan talked about it in a thread some time ago, but haven't had time to look for it. Now, when I have a few extra minutes, I think I have a clearer explanation and will be able to give it a try. Another tool!!

Thanks again - and have fun at all those baseball games this summer!

On another note - thanks for "hosting" the back button focusing discussion on your thread. I've read about it a number of times and took a class this spring where it was highly recommended but not actually "taught" - I've been wanting to try, but haven't been able to find a clear explanation. I know that Dan talked about it in a thread some time ago, but haven't had time to look for it. Now, when I have a few extra minutes, I think I have a clearer explanation and will be able to give it a try. Another tool!!

I second that! Printed and filed.